Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing out NG3

Hi,

I have downloaded NG3 (downloaded the tar.gz for sourceforge -- as I couldn't get svn to work) after installing clutter (all of it) and compiling the source (fixing one compile bug, to be mentioned later) I have things installed on my system in my /opt folder. I was wondering, how do you start the application? I haven't played with clutter before - so if I have to start something there I am unaware.

Also, what is the correct svn command to download nghost?

The compile error I ran into was with NClutterActor.cpp --
    it has #include <qt4/QtCore/qtimer.h> (or something similar)
    is should be <qtimer.h> as the configure script has -I /usr/local/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/

Nasa

That's probably fixed in svn. I didn't know sf.net had any ng3 tarballz. hmm...

In svn, you'll run nghostd in ng3/server. That will launch all the plugins which are configured to start by default via ngrconf (see ng3/rconf ). nghostd is very much a work-in-progress, so don't expect it do do anything. Alternatively, you can luanch the plugins independently with ng3/client/nclient -p /path/to/plugin.so

Nothing really exciting to see here yet. We are pushing for our first release maybe April 2010.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Kev,

What's the command for getting the svn code? I searched through here (on mp3car) and on the openice forum, but couldn't find one that worked...

Nasa

Comment

Originally posted by nasa View Post
        Kev,

What's the command for getting the svn code? I searched through here (on mp3car) and on the openice forum, but couldn't find one that worked...

Nasa
        Code:
        svn co https://nghost.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nghost/ng3
        Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
        Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
        Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X