Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get mplayer to keep my setings on startup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I get mplayer to keep my setings on startup?

    Think I may have solved my playlist problem....Just one thing...


    Every time a new song starts I have to turn up the mplayer in my pulse audio volume controls, How do I remedy this issue?


    Thanks in advance!!!
    Linux(Learning the curve...Like when driving!!!)
    Worklog!!!http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...l-worklog.html

  • #2
    Originally posted by locs4dayz View Post
    Think I may have solved my playlist problem....Just one thing...


    Every time a new song starts I have to turn up the mplayer in my pulse audio volume controls, How do I remedy this issue?


    Thanks in advance!!!
    hmm... about playlists.... mplayer supports them, so maybe one could try adding m3u|asx to the audio_extensions setting in nghost.conf...

    if you turn up the volume using icepanel (click on the audio icon and hit the vol+ button), it'll save the settings in nghost so when you restart, it should remember them.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kev000 View Post
      hmm... about playlists.... mplayer supports them, so maybe one could try adding m3u|asx to the audio_extensions setting in nghost.conf...

      if you turn up the volume using icepanel (click on the audio icon and hit the vol+ button), it'll save the settings in nghost so when you restart, it should remember them.

      Turning the volume up on IcePanel worked. Exactly how do I add m3u|asx to the audio_extensions setting in nghost.conf?...


      Luckily for me I still have Windows Media Player as a failsafe!!!...lol!!!!
      Linux(Learning the curve...Like when driving!!!)
      Worklog!!!http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...l-worklog.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by locs4dayz View Post
        Turning the volume up on IcePanel worked. Exactly how do I add m3u|asx to the audio_extensions setting in nghost.conf?...


        Luckily for me I still have Windows Media Player as a failsafe!!!...lol!!!!
        look at the nghost.conf file. you should see something like:

        Code:
        audioextensions=mp3|flac|ogg
        change it to:

        Code:
        audioextensions=mp3|flac|ogg|m3u|asx
        Then restart and see if your playlists show up under "no artist". This is kinda a hack and i'm not sure it'll work. I'll test it out locally as well.
        Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
        Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
        Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

        Comment

        Working...
        X