Maybe a bug, but really annoying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a bug, but really annoying

So randomly when i turn my truck on, everything boots up but right when my skin/nghost is loaded and displayed, the screen goes black and leaves the mouse cursor still on screen. the console says that nghost has failed to read the resume data and whatnot. so since nghost can't continue playing the song that was played when my truck was shut off, it just kills itself? this is pretty annoying to me, since i don't have a keyboard in my truck, i have to take the hard-drive out and take it inside. anyone else come across this?

I have no advice on the problem, but would it not be easier to bring a keyboard to the car, then the harddrive to a keyboard? $10 buys a pretty fancy USB keyboard.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

This was a bug that was fixed. Have you updated since installing 2.0.1? It fix may be in the unstable/testing repo if you haven't added those yet...

Alternatively, you can disable the resume feature in the config.
      Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
      Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
      Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

yeah i disabled the resume on startup. ill have to check on the update though, not sure when i updated last.

Comment

did disabling it fix the issue?

Comment

yeah disabling fixed it. haven't updated yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by superman279 View Post
              yeah disabling fixed it. haven't updated yet though.

Comment

updating fixed the stupid crash thankfully. My system has been acting very well and faithful! I have a few more questions though.

[FIXED]
                I want to try and limit mplayer's volume to 90% because it gets distorted if it goes above this. Its not much distortion, but enough my tuned ear to tell. i tried to edit the config file and set a max software volume of 90, but this didn't work. I am assuming that nghost plays a song through mplayer and the volume is set to 100% in nghost, but i could be wrong.

as far as hibernation goes, whats the best rout to get my system to shutdown fast and boot up fast. Currently it just shuts down normally and boots up normally. I would like for it to do some sort of hibernation to boot up a little quicker. It takes like 30 seconds or so for it to be up and running.

Wifi radar sucks and for some reason stopped working (never connects to anything and freezes, possibly problem in python), what are the alternatives without having the panel displaying the network manager applet? I love the applet but can only use it if the panel is showing, which I don't like.

navit is good, but searching for a route could be incredibly improved. You see where I'm going with this...

my movie library is pretty random if they show up. I have 3 movies, all .avi's and sometimes they show up. Is this still a bug in nscan, if it ever was?

Comment

Working...
                X