Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the latest

update supporting IG3 be released?

It seems like everything to do with roadrunner has become so discombobulated lately that I can'e even find the skin download page...

I was hoping that CarComp would respond to this, but evidently life beckons so he's on another hiatus from the internet in general. I've PMed him regarding getting the latest build out with no response as well, so I'm going to wait a couple more weeks before I apply the handful of fixes I have to the current source tree and release it as 2.3.6. If the changes he added for IG3 are in the repository you'll be in luck. If not, good luck.
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Just dooo eeeeiiiitttt!!!!
      1998 Toyota Supra RZ-s TwinTurbo
      BOOST - In-Car Entertainment System

Comment

Aargh... the only good frontend is the one that is almost abandoned

Thanks

Comment

I to find this front end the most user friendly well designed stylish front end. I wont more versions out.
          Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
          *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
          *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

Originally posted by BiGGy View Post
            I to find this front end the most user friendly well designed stylish front end. I wont more versions out.
            agreed

Comment

Why not just release the source? I can understand putting your blood, sweat and tears in a product and I think most others do. CarComp will always get acknowledgment as being the grandfather of the program, but open source will allow others to benefit. Since he has pretty much abandoned the project, let others give it a go. They could help you improve the program, phat...

I just don't understand this mentality. If he wants to help the community, release the code. If he wants to polish it up to release it commercially, then spend more time on it. If he is truly interested in making something for the world to enjoy, let others improve it.
              Audio: 4 * Rainbow Audio Germs + Infinity Basslink / Case: iStarUSA S3 / CPU: C2D P8700 / MB: Jetway NC64-LF / SC: ASUS Xonar Essence STX / RAM: Crucial 2x1GB 1066MHz / HD: MTRON 2.5" 30GB / DVD: Panasonic UJ-815B / PSU: Opus 180w / LCD: Xenarc 700TSV

Comment

Originally posted by WiCKeD 5.9L View Post
                Why not just release the source? I can understand putting your blood, sweat and tears in a product and I think most others do. CarComp will always get acknowledgment as being the grandfather of the program, but open source will allow others to benefit. Since he has pretty much abandoned the project, let others give it a go. They could help you improve the program, phat...

I just don't understand this mentality. If he wants to help the community, release the code. If he wants to polish it up to release it commercially, then spend more time on it. If he is truly interested in making something for the world to enjoy, let others improve it.
                Something.. ANYTHING other than letting it sit there and die

I am not a programmer tho

Comment

Tru that. This program is awesome for the single fact that my Street Atlas program looks embedded, not like others that only put it on top and I can't have control of the music/volume without sending the nav screen to background and using CTRL-TAB to bring it back.

Free Mandela!--Done
                  Free Willy!--Done
                  Free Johny Dangerously!-Done
                  Free the Code for this awesome front end!--Pending

Comment

MediaEngine is not abandoned. Theres hardly a day that goes by that I don't spend 10 minutes at least thinking about it. I'm still playing with some ideas i'd like to try out. Phat_b i've gotten a new computer system and i've been moving everything including our IM program so i'm kinda in that "nothing works state." Feel free to release any updates or versions you want to.
                    Get MediaEngine !!!
                    Media Engine Download

Comment

Any news on the next release?
                      1998 Toyota Supra RZ-s TwinTurbo
                      BOOST - In-Car Entertainment System

Comment

I'm still working on another project, but as soon as that's out of my hair I'll have time to get 2.3.6 rolled up. Possibly by May...
                        '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
                        WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
                        350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Working...
                        X