Error after clean 2.3.5 install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error after clean 2.3.5 install

After I installed ME 2.3.5 and tried running it, I constantly get the attached error message popup. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

I can't see the attached image, but I'd bet if you searched on the text and / or read the FAQ thread that you'd learn exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

An error occured in modDB.InitDb : ActiveX component can't create object : Error number 429
      Click ok to terminate the application

Looks like its related to my nLite install

modDB.InitDB Errors, Program Spontaneously Closing at Startup
      There are two basic causes for errors like this:

1) You have used nLite, XPLite, or some other utility to strip down windows, and have removed some components of ADO (microsoft's ActiveX Data Objects) or MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components).

2) Your jet (access database / .mdb) drivers are broken or missing. Consult the Microsoft Knowlege Base for a possible resolution.

MediaEngine relies on these components to store a database of your media library.
      Is there any way to manually install the required components? I prefer an nLite install but want to run ME and I'm stuck.

Comment

If you include ADO / MDAC in your nLite build it will work. You might be able to download and install the MDAC redistributables from m$.

Comment

I'll try installing MDAC 2.8
          http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...ucXaj1xA%3d%3d

Comment

Unfortunately, installing MDAC 2.8 doesn't resolve the problem . It gives me a similar error message however it says its an unknown error: -281474976710656 (something like that number). I'll try installing Jet 4.0 http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q239114

Comment

No luck with that one. It doesn't check for Jet 4.0, it checks the service pack installed, so if Jet 4.0 isn't installed correctly it still doesn't fix it. And I can't find an installer for Jet 4.0 for XP anywhere.

Comment

That's because all the aforementioned is included in the standard XP installation. Sorry, but you should have checked the FAQ before compiling your nLite iso.

Are you trying to get the build down to a size that will fit on a flash drive or something? Otherwise, nLite doesn't buy you much that can't be accomplished by disabling unnecessary services.

Comment

No big deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X