Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MediaEngine not detecting XMPCR anymore????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaEngine not detecting XMPCR anymore????

Hey all. All the sudden my MediaEngine isn't detecting my PCR anymore. The XM software still picks it up and has good signal strength. But when I went into MediaEngine's Setting for the radio it said XMPCR disabled. So I unchecked the box and then rechecked it. And it doesn't find it. Whats up? Am I missing something?? Its been working great for almost a year now!
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

Originally posted by scott011422 View Post
    ...Its been working great for almost a year now!
    So the question is what did you change?

Do you see anything interesting in debug.log?
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

I never thought to look. I'll have to take a look at that. Its stopped working when my antenna cam disconnected. Not knowing the antenna got disconnected, I unchecked the pcr from under "Radio" and then rechecked it. Media Engine hasn't found it since.

Comment

However, i did notice that MediaEngine is looking at com ports. Now, its been awhile, But does the XMPCR use a virtual usb seralizer? Like most gps sensors do? Because it dosn't list the PCR under my comports either. As it shouldn't being its a usb.

Comment

I had this happen to me once. Try editing settings.ini in the xmpcr_tuner section and removing the value for "port" and setting "enabled" to false. Then delete xm_channels.dat from your mediaengine folder. If that doesn't work you can set the port value manually if you know which one it is.

Out of curiosity, what version are you running? I only ask because I thought I'd fixed this in 2.3.5.

Comment

I'm running your most recent build. How do I find out the port number being used? the xmpcr software doesn't tell me much.

Comment

compmgmt.msc > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT)

Depending on how your receiver is connected and whether your mainboard has built-in ports, you may have several devices there, or possibly just one. Try them by number until you find the right one.

Comment

Yea, it doesn't show the xm. I have my com port, LPT port, gps and some goofy serial usb adaptor. I'm assuming that could be the xm, But Media Engine doesn't find the XM on that port.

Comment

Make sure you don't have something else running in the background that might be using that port i.e. the xmpcr app.

Comment

I give up. I even tried uninstalling the xm and reinstalling it. Zippo. So I'm going to uninstall the xm and MediaEngine and start over.

Comment

well, I'm sorry I don't have more info for you. But I uninstalled MediaEngine and reinstalled and everything worked great. Just must be some goofy bug? Anyhoo, Thanks for your help.

Comment

I think it might be something related to the xm_channels.dat file having a corrupted entry, but that's a guess. Like I said it happened to me once and never has since. Glad you got it working, and glad to (at least try to) help.

Check out the new release - I extended the hide artist and list numbering options that you liked so much to the browse media window. LMK what you think.

Comment

Well, It did it again, But I now know the reason! I went to install 2.3.6 and it again wouldn't find the XMPCR. And It wont find it unless I either unplug the gps, or disable the GPS port. Then it'll find the PCR and after it does, I can reconnect/enable the gps and all works fine. Wierd ehh? Also, 2.3.6 works great on my home an work computer. But in my truck, even on a virgen install, I will still show the artist names in the browsw media window. But not at home and work and the setting are the same. Unless I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by scott011422 View Post
                            But in my truck, even on a virgen install, I will still show the artist names in the browsw media window. But not at home and work and the setting are the same. Unless I'm missing something. Any ideas?
                            All the artist name captions must match exactly. If you have anything that shows up in the list besides the "up one folder" icon, such as another nested folder, or any other mismatch then you'll see artist names.

Comment

Working...
                            X