Use something besides winamp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use something besides winamp?

Is there any way for media engine to use a different program to play videos besides winamp? For some odd reason, any other program besides vlc player, my videos are choppy, slows down, speeds up and takes 100% of my cpu usage. its not just winamp, but windows media player, windows media player classic, the only one that doesn't take all my resources is vlc player.
    2006 - 350z - Now
    1997 - 3000gt SL Twin Turbo - Down :(

Winamp doesn't play the videos. Windows Media Player 6.4 does.

You might need a codec upgrade. Sounds like its not a problem with M.E
    Get MediaEngine !!!
    Media Engine Download

Comment

To be honest, I don't know why media engine uses winamp at all these days. I can think of 10 better ways to play MP3s in VB.

Like by using this awesome free media library for example: http://www.un4seen.com/
      1998 Toyota Supra RZ-s TwinTurbo
      BOOST - In-Car Entertainment System

Comment

If memory serves the reason for sticking with winamp was for visualizations and cross-fading between tracks. I could have done without visualizations, but some folks have to have the 'wow' factor.
        '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
        WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
        350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

My codecs were from k-lite, it also had a problem using windows media player for videos when i play it alone. My computer I am using isn't the best, but it works with vlc player.
          2006 - 350z - Now
          1997 - 3000gt SL Twin Turbo - Down :(

Comment

Originally posted by phat_bastard View Post
            If memory serves the reason for sticking with winamp was for visualizations and cross-fading between tracks. I could have done without visualizations, but some folks have to have the 'wow' factor.
            BASS Audio at that link i posted has a library to allow use of Winamp visualisations..... without winamp.
            1998 Toyota Supra RZ-s TwinTurbo
            BOOST - In-Car Entertainment System

Comment

CarComp has messed with stuff like that in the past and was unable to make it work to suit him. The way it works now is fine with me - not at all would be even better. I can do without the fluff.
              '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
              WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
              350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Working...
              X