Thumbs Up for ME 2.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbs Up for ME 2.1

Have now installed ME 2.1 and played around a bit IMO this is now close to being the perfect in car entertainment program. It seems faster now that we've gone back to Winamp and improvemnets that I particularly like are the night time dim button, larger cover picture, scrolling for long song names and the bit rate display. The only thing that I was hoping for which isn't there is a clickable progress bar to quickly FFWD or REVERSE whilst playing a song.

I'll give it 9.9/10

telstargb

Mondeo 1.8 Zetec : Epia 800 : 60gb drive : Lilliput 7" VGA : Sapphire USB GPS : Opus 90w : WinXP : Road Runer : Destinator

I just downloaded it and am going to instal it now.

I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by EE8Racer
      I just downloaded it and am going to instal it now.

I'm looking forward to it.
      Let us know what you think

Mondeo 1.8 Zetec : Epia 800 : 60gb drive : Lilliput 7" VGA : Sapphire USB GPS : Opus 90w : WinXP : Road Runer : Destinator

Comment

Just installed it and playing around with it. VERY impressed. It's good to see that Milkdrop is able to be used. The dim if a very nice featuer as well. Much better than an external program I was using. Simply put...excellent.

Comment

i still don't like how it handles external applications. i also don't like how it only supports the dlink device. i also don't like how the shut down button is so close to the menu. check my thread about my dead car pc which happened tonight. im not blaming media engine, however if that shutdown button wasn't so close in the menu then maybe i wouldn't have lost my car pc.

Comment

Woohoo Media Engine 2.1 now handles standby events!
            Nice! Winamp modules are supported!

-Jason

Comment

Originally posted by incessantDREAMR
              Just installed it and playing around with it. VERY impressed. It's good to see that Milkdrop is able to be used. The dim if a very nice featuer as well. Much better than an external program I was using. Simply put...excellent.
              Hey so how did you get milkdrop to work? I installed winamp 5, then milk drop, then pointed media engine to vis_milk.dll, but only a blank screen comes up when I attempt to use it while playing an mp3 in media engine?

*edit*

Neevermind, looks like you just configure winamp from within the mediaengine directory. Funny, I spent a lot of time tonight getting to know MediaCar. Up until now I felt that MediaCar had a leg up on MediaEngine since it was based on winamp, now however it looks like MediaEngine has become more like MediaCar, but more refined. We all here are very spoiled to have such nice programs to choose from for such a rare hobby as carputers!

-Jason

Comment

Originally posted by psyclobe
                We all here are very spoiled to have such nice programs to choose from for such a rare hobby as carputers!

-Jason

That's because we have a lot of developers with the same interests
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Just tried it out, I like it Wish for a few things, but hey, cant win em all (and besides, if it just worked, what fun would it be!) Thanks to everyone involved!--Jeff
                  2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Played around just a bit - and I must say I'm impressed. Faster then 2.0, fewer bugs (haven't found any yet ). Keep up the good work!
                    Current Status: For Sale

Specs
                    - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
                    - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
                    - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                    - Power Inverter (sold)
                    - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

It's starting to look really good!

Shutdown button... yes, keep it far away from main buttons (but also not on the corner of the screen). The other thing so far, I want an instant "home" button on ALL screens, so I can go to the main menu. Is this already done and I just don't know how to do it?

Oh, can the user relabel "external apps" to something of their choice?

Not having actual text on the picture icons makes it difficult to use (as a first time user, I'm sure I would get used to that, but what about my wife? What about someone in the passenger seat that just wants to mess around?)

It seems like making your own skin can take care of some of these problems (am I correct?), and if so, I might go that route.

Thanks for a great option!

91 Stealth RT/TT
                      CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
                      Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
                      Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

Originally posted by Vineet Singh
                        It's starting to look really good!

Shutdown button... yes, keep it far away from main buttons (but also not on the corner of the screen). The other thing so far, I want an instant "home" button on ALL screens, so I can go to the main menu. Is this already done and I just don't know how to do it?

Oh, can the user relabel "external apps" to something of their choice?

Not having actual text on the picture icons makes it difficult to use (as a first time user, I'm sure I would get used to that, but what about my wife? What about someone in the passenger seat that just wants to mess around?)

It seems like making your own skin can take care of some of these problems (am I correct?), and if so, I might go that route.

Thanks for a great option!
                        you are correct about a personalized skin. I made a quick one for myself, so that works for me. As for your wife and passengers, please, take my advice, KEEP THEM AWAY FROM YOU CARPC!
                        Current Status: For Sale

Specs
                        - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
                        - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
                        - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                        - Power Inverter (sold)
                        - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

I like ME2.1 but I see something strange with custom resolution. When I select 800x570 (trying to keep the start bar visible) it apears that the main program window is scaled to 800x570 but the black area is still 800x600 (full screen) leaving the bar hidden. What I am doing wrong?

Originally posted by telstargb
                          Have now installed ME 2.1 and played around a bit IMO this is now close to being the perfect in car entertainment program. It seems faster now that we've gone back to Winamp and improvemnets that I particularly like are the night time dim button, larger cover picture, scrolling for long song names and the bit rate display. The only thing that I was hoping for which isn't there is a clickable progress bar to quickly FFWD or REVERSE whilst playing a song.

I'll give it 9.9/10

telstargb

Comment

the shutdown button can be where ever the skin maker wants it to be.. So thats not a problem of ME's per say.. more a problem with the default skin
                            '98 Explorer Sport
                            http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
                            AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
                            80% done

Comment

the skin is made by mediaengine.. its the default skin.. therefore its a problem with mediaengine....

Comment

Working...
                              X