No announcement yet.

Tracks in Album vs. Alphabetical order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracks in Album vs. Alphabetical order?

I just got version 2.1, and my album tracks are being displayed in alphabetical order instead of album order as dictated by the ID3 tags. I know this issue was discussed back in November, did it ever get addressed??? And yes, I did a , but turned up nothing.
    VIA EPIA M10000 | 7" Lilliput Touch VGA | PW70 | 256 Meg RAM | 20 Gig 2.5" drive
    Dual Battery with Optima Yellowtop | Hellroaring Battery Isolater
    ICOM 2720A| Delorme Earthmate GPS | Tiny Track APRS
    Survives Crank

the issue is how its put into the database and i'm pretty sure its just sorted by artist/title and not filename or tracknumber. I don't like that either
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
      the issue is how its put into the database and i'm pretty sure its just sorted by artist/title and not filename or tracknumber. I don't like that either

Jy, if your mp3s have the album in the tag, you can browse to the album, select the album, and then the tracks are listed by tracknum in order.
      Get MediaEngine !!!
      Media Engine Download

Comment

damn maybe that was my problem all along. too lazy to look at the setup.. stupid me
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

OK, I got it working too. I just wish that was the default behavior instead of having to go a couple of menus deep.
          VIA EPIA M10000 | 7" Lilliput Touch VGA | PW70 | 256 Meg RAM | 20 Gig 2.5" drive
          Dual Battery with Optima Yellowtop | Hellroaring Battery Isolater
          ICOM 2720A| Delorme Earthmate GPS | Tiny Track APRS
          Survives Crank

Comment

in regards to the album not being in track order.
            i have only put tracks in folders with there albums there IDE3 tag states the number and its listed in the album folder on the drive in track order.
            yet media engine still puts them in the album in a-z.....

johnboy2005

Comment

Working...
            X