Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature suggestion (as the other thread is now archived)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature suggestion (as the other thread is now archived)

Haven't looked at the latest build as my CarPC has been screenless for the last couple of months due to a ickle accident.

But one thing that annoyed me was that when an album/playlist ended you had to manually select another. Not good while moving, and almost impossible to do while driving.

Three possible solutions,
    1) option to queue albums so you can build up your own multichanger like list.
    2) Repeat playlist/album option (maybe even in the config/settings)
    3) Option for random album solection from the DB when currently playing album finishes while MP3's are selected (Selectable in the configs of course rather than default and fixed).

Any thoughts on that?
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

All of them sound good to me, especially the last one.

Comment

Support for Girder Remote.
      MediaCar
      Girder with Igor plugin

EPIA-ME6000 w 256MB DDR
      Morex 55W PSU
      12VDC Regulator
      IBM DJSA-220 20GB
      90% completed in a plastic case (8"x10"x2.5")

Comment

I need faster playlist scrolling. To go down a few thousand songs takes a LONG time... Maybe scroll slow for 5 seconds and if the button is held for longer then scroll fast...

Comment

Suggestions for new features
          1) XM - XM - XM
          2) TV (using an integrated TV/FM card would be great
          3) Nav built in

Thanks, that should do it. Willing to donate.
          Carl
          Carl Chapman - Principal/Managing Partner at CEC Search, LLC
          Restaurant Recruiter | Restaurant Recruiters >> Blog | Restaurant Jobs | Recruiter Web Services

Comment

xm will be built in as carcomp and phat_b both have xm radios.

nav will also be build in very soon
            '98 Explorer Sport
            http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
            AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
            80% done

Comment

I agree that it needs NAV built in. I also wish that it was a little bit more customizable - like if you could disable the FM/XM radio thing for those of us who don't use it - and maybe replace it with a Nav/GPS button!

I also wish that it would display a message (maybe in the bottom area) on mouseover for the links to the differant features. Its a pain to figure out what each button is.

One last thing that would be cool is if you could double click the date/time and maybe have a full screen clock with analog/digital mode. There are many of them you can find easily, for free, in Flash on the internet! That is a nice feature for those of us who live in states where you aren't allowed to have any kind of video screens on while driving. The "it's just an elaborate clock, officer" would be a nice thing to have!

Comment

Pause and play buttons on the external app controller.
                Jump to top of current directory.
                A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
                http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

Hi!
                  XM is listed in the application setup. Is it not enabled or working yet? I'm not trying to hurry you folks....just asking as I have an XMPCR and would love to see it working in MediaEngine. I would would definitely use media engine at that point. I'm using MediaCar right now because with MediaEngine, I get periodic lockups and have not figured out why yet. But having XM built in, I would switch and work out the reason why. What NAV program will be built in, if you folks have already decided which. If not, may I suggest Routis 2004. It is the cheapest I think and works really well for me.

Peter

Originally posted by hijinks21
                  xm will be built in as carcomp and phat_b both have xm radios.

nav will also be build in very soon
                  Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                  Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

mappoint will be the app built in. if there is a sdk for routis then it might be able but mappoint was just too easy to implement in
                    '98 Explorer Sport
                    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
                    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
                    80% done

Comment

Hey, just an idea for ME..
                      Macromedia Flash Interface via FS COMMAND EVENT..
                      would make skins smaller, cooler, and animated..
                      Just a thought...

Comment

Bluetooth Mobile Phone software integrated into ME (rather than having to run phonecontrol and ME as 2 apps)
                        A Flash interface would make the front end look awesome but I guess it would make things difficult for the average skinner to customise.
                        A calm approach in a troubled world...
                        http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
                        DC UK Forum

Comment

Request: Rating songs (1-5 stars etc) for frequency of play.

iTunes has this, and I imagine since you are already using a db backend it should be relatively trivial... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X