Help with mediaengine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with mediaengine

First thanks for eveyones help, this is my first post but it is becasue of everyone here that I have been able to build my first carputer! Stystem consist of mini-its m1000, 256, 20gb hd, slot load dvd, and pw70a and itps. It works great! I have just loaded xp pro, winamp, and this is where my problem begins with media engine. It loads fine, I set up the directories, click done and it goes to my desktop. When I click on media engine it comes states it loading and then just goes away. What am i missing. I have read so much on this forum, if you could help i would apprciate it.

In the directory where MediaEngine is installed you can find the file debug.log
    If you can copy and paste the contents here, somebody is probably able to help.
    ---[ This space intentionally left blank ]---

Comment

I had the same problem turns out that the onboard sound died. I put in another sound card and works fine now.
      Trust me, I know what I'm doing!

Comment

Could be...the only thing i am waiting on is a cable for my Alpine HU to use the aux feature. I will not be able to test the sound for another week. I didn't realize no sound would keep the software from working. Winamp and WMP both load and seem like they are playing fine...then I don't have sound right now. I let everyone know in a week so if other people have the same problem they will know. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Thanks djjazzman...my onboard sound had been disabled. I guess when I had to reinstall XP it took out the onboard sound. Loaded driver and media engine loaded with no problem. Thanks for your help, and hopefully i will have pics of my honda up soon!

Comment

I added code in to prompt the user when this happens.
            Get MediaEngine !!!
            Media Engine Download

Comment

I get the same problem, I see the screen that says "Loading" then crashes to desktop. However my onboard sound is enabled. Any suggestions?
              New site at
              http://customcarpc.dreamhost.com

http://home.attbi.com/~rbarr110

2002 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab

Comment

I guess make sure the drivers are loaded and it is working properly.

Comment

I am assuming everything is working correctly because I get sound and the device manager indicates all the drivers are installed and worjing correctly.
                  New site at
                  http://customcarpc.dreamhost.com

http://home.attbi.com/~rbarr110

2002 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab

Comment

My onboard sound completly died so had to put a new sound card in altogether. Sounds to me like it might be a bug with ME and you sound device but not sure.

Do you have winamp installed?
                    I had winamp installed before ME, when I tried to start winamp it would crash just like ME unitl I put a new sound card in.

CarComp may have to handle this one.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by djjazzman
                      My onboard sound completly died so had to put a new sound card in altogether. Sounds to me like it might be a bug with ME and you sound device but not sure.

Do you have winamp installed?
                      I had winamp installed before ME, when I tried to start winamp it would crash just like ME unitl I put a new sound card in.

CarComp may have to handle this one.

Good luck.

You should post this in bug report on media engine website. I'm sure that they would be happy to look into it considering that the m10000 is what most mp3car people are going with now.

Let us know what they say if you post. thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X