How does ME control the Radio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does ME control the Radio?

I am curious as to how ME controls the Radio...
    Radiator? straight .dll's?

Thanks,
    Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Okay... the suspense is killing me....

Comment

We use standard voodoo practices.
      Get MediaEngine !!!
      Media Engine Download

Comment

good answer.....

I know that radiator has been updated to support other FM tuners, instead of the d-link.
        I can't find any threads on what ME will support. Is it specific to the D-link only?

Comment

Yep, ME is specific to the D-Link.

Garry
          Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

Its not like anyone has sent us any other hardware to develope for.
            Get MediaEngine !!!
            Media Engine Download

Comment

i have a dream...

...a dream that one day my flyvideo 3000 fm radio will work perfectly well with media engine... even just the radio enough to make my day...

and that is my dream...
              [....99.9%]
              [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
              [....99.8%]
              [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
              [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

hauppauge WinTV-USB-FM

While your at it I would like support for my hauppauge WinTV-USB-FM when you have a minute.

Comment

send 'em the Hauppauge! Somebody! I would, but cant afford it!

Comment

What ME should do is write an abstraction layer, then code to that layer. The only abstraction provided by ME could be for d-link, but others here could fill in the gaps for other radio devices. The abstraction would be pretty simple.
                    .//Daren
                    (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
                    MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

@carcomp
                      If i sent you my RadioXtreme with Radiator would you develop it into MediaEngine?

If so would you keep the hardware? and what would the (ballpark) turn around time be?
                      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

What I think is being asked for is plugin support in ME
                        I think PCI TV/FM tuner support would be a nice feature to have... But will it happen.. Probably not. I have a Lifeview card, more than happy to send it over (it's a loooong way) so long as it comes back.... TV cards aren't throwaway items
                        89 Celica, CarPC installed, 1st bday :)
                        http://www.fishy.net.nz/carpc/
                        • MediaEngine
                        • Epia V8000
                        • 80GB WD 7200RPM HD
                        • Xenarc 700TS
                        • SB Live
                        • Opus 90W
                        • CIMR100 remote
                        • Deluo serial GPS
                        • D-Link USB radio wired to power antenna

Comment

Exactly, the key to these applications taking off is really the ability to support the wide variety of hardware out there, and some we haven't even thought of yet. If ME concentrated on the GUI components and skinning capabilities, providing a clean interface to a new application, like radio, XM, TV, whatever, then it would add enormous value.

Apache (web server) became the worlds most popular web server not because it was so much better than any other, but because they had the mod_*** architecture so anyone could hook up x/y/z into it.

The first car skinned interface that really supports plugins will be the one that leaves the others standing.
                          .//Daren
                          (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
                          MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

The radio working properlly is one of my reason im putting off making my carputer.... So, then using the radio in your computer doesnt work all the time and locks up?

Does ME incorporate the radio as part of the program, and be able to control the radio like MC>?

Comment

Wouldn’t it be easier just to buy the d-link ??? or is not too good???
                              ( from my point of view at least since i have not bought any tuners yet )

Neat thing would be TV though..... That be nice .. Maybe we all can agree on a most popular (good priced, yet good quality) TV/FM etc tuner ....?

Other neat thing i would like to have would be when i put the car in reverse (tapping the rev. lights or whatever) trips a relay , witch sends a signal to some input device ( i.e. serial) that can tell ME to load up the TV player , go to "composite" (if you have the cam on composite in , or it could be a webcam .. i bet that would be somewhat easyer to code though) and show you the view from a rear mounted cam .. Like in those new Lexus RX330's or others

please , don;t flame me if this has been said etc already

edit: ohh im so stupid lol .. here is a tread about it http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=26031

maybe i sould delete the whole thing

Comment

Working...
                              X