rom mismatch while trying to play mpegs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rom mismatch while trying to play mpegs

I've tried uninstalling and installing again, but after playing fine for 3 or 4 days it gave me the same error message. I have no idea what this means. I'm still in testing phases so it's good that it's happening now, but if someone could help me figure out why it's happening then that'd be great. I might add the first time this happend I tried to add wmv files to the list of file types and assumed this is what caused it. This second time it did it with no changes. Got out of the car, shut down properly, came back to the car 3 hours later powered up, depressed the watch movies icon and then it tells me rom mismatch.
    Georgia Area Meet Photos

No ideas? It will let me play from browse media, but says it can't resume rom mismatch when I try watch movies. I've searched with no luck.
    Georgia Area Meet Photos

Comment

mine just did that... so i played another file on browse media mode then went back to it and it worked!!

prob cos i rebuilt the db...

Comment

Same here

Mine has always done that. Every time I put in a new DVD I have to start it by going to "Browse Media" otherwise I get the ROM Mismatch error. I thought that was just the way it worked.

Comment

It is 'just the way it works'. We store the volume id of each cd/dvd disk when you play something from it because this enables us to resume from the last position if you're say - playing an avi from a cdr. Because you can play movies from hdd as well, you really need to pick what movie you want to play through the media browser.
          '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
          WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
          350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

I've been encountering this as well with my MP3s. On occasion, I get 'Cannot Resume: ROM Mismatch' when I click the MP3 button in the top level menu. If I enter the setup menu and click 'Update Database', it seems to go away, at least for a little while.
            Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
            http://hallert.net/

Comment

happend to me to..
              that shouldn't be the way it works, thats stupid.
              i also have a problem with mp3's
              it plays it for a while and then it jumps back in the menu

Comment

I just had the problem again when 23,000 mp3s were added to the media directory. Unlike before, hitting 'Update Database' didn't work. I was able to get around it by going into the Playlist browse UI, selecting a song to play, and then the problem stopped. I'd escape out to the root of the skin (Aqua), click the MP3 button, and it would work fine.

Oddness.

Comment

I got the ROM mismatch message too. It should present you with the option to play from the beginning or play a different movie/song. It just won't play anything. That's silly. How can I fix it?

Comment

Problem reading?

Originally posted by Chairboy
                    I was able to get around it by going into the Playlist browse UI, selecting a song to play...

Comment

Is there a way to manually reset this? Perhaps this info is stored on a file somewhere that can either be modified or erased. I have the error and it will not go away as well. Thank you.

Comment

Please read message #10 in this thread (the one adjacent to yours).

Comment

Originally posted by phat_bastard
                          Problem reading?
                          Well, considering you're quoting a message I wrote a year and a half ago before there were any other threads on this, I'll understand if you feel a bit embarassed by your snarky remark. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll learn to be less of a jerk from this fine educational experience.

BTW, thanks for the snappy response! November 2004 to April 2006 is almost a at a US government level of efficiency.

Still using the software, and still loving it, no matter what the quirks. I wrote a little utility for myself a while ago that manually added in new media to the access database whenever I added stuff (to skip the 45 minute database rebuild on my setup), from some of the other messages here it looks like ME can do this internally now! Great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Chairboy
                            Well, considering you're quoting a message I wrote a year and a half ago before there were any other threads on this, I'll understand if you feel a bit embarassed by your snarky remark.
                            If you would bother reading the whole thread, you'd notice I wasn't replying to you, so no - I'm not embarrased at all by your pathetic attempt at wit, you incredible tool.

I will explain this once more, in hope that it educates someone. Unfortunately the norm for most of you is to come here and complain about how you expect things to work, never bothering to _READ_ anything (as further evidenced by Chairboy's remarks).

The ROM mismatch error is telling you that the last playlist you were using (either video or audio) or dvd you were watching was playing off the cd/dvd rom drive, and that disk is no longer inserted. Fixing this is as simple as going to 'Browse Media' and selecting something else to play. Since those of you who complain about it seem to need extensive handholding I've recently changed the behavior here to shut down your pc. If it would make you feel better, I would be happy to set it to uninstall MediaEngine before doing that.

Seriously though, I did fix this to take you directly to the browse list. Look for it in 2.3.5 which may take a while to get released.

Comment

Originally posted by phat_bastard
                              If you would bother reading the whole thread, you'd notice I wasn't replying to you, so no - I'm not embarrased at all by your pathetic attempt at wit, you incredible tool.
                              Are you high? Look at message 10 of this thread. You quoted me, which (for normal people) means that you were responding to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X