Feature Request: Auto Level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Auto Level

Would be nice to have volume levels auto-compensate for increased road noise like the high-end cars do. Obviously would require a mic installed, but my plan is to put one in anyway, use a D-link Bluetooth dongle to communicate with my cell phone (still in my pocket) and have speakerphone over the car stereo. There is a bundled application called "Headset" with the D-link dongle that achieves this beautifully.

Anyway, thought I'd throw in the request.

maybe some fries with that? ;-) j/k sounds cool!

Comment

All of the cars that I know of compensate for road noise based on the vehicles speed not on trying to calculate it based on what is heard inside the passenger compartment where it would have to try and filter out not only the sounds from the radio, but also any sporatic, but intentional sounds made by the occupants of the car.

There's already been a few posts on adding speed sentive volume through OBD and GPS on here.
      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Hmmm, speed related sounds interesting, although there may have to be some user selectable value other than speed for cars that lack this input...RPM perhaps?

Anyway, I'm sure this is rather trivial as requests go, but if the coders ever get bored...

Comment

Originally posted by SJC
          Would be nice to have volume levels auto-compensate for increased road noise like the high-end cars do. Obviously would require a mic installed, but my plan is to put one in anyway, use a D-link Bluetooth dongle to communicate with my cell phone (still in my pocket) and have speakerphone over the car stereo. There is a bundled application called "Headset" with the D-link dongle that achieves this beautifully.

Anyway, thought I'd throw in the request.
          this can solve your problem.. and more
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23904
          Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
          Status -->
          Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
          BraveCar 2.5

Comment

This is a feature I miss on the stock Focus Headunit.
            2000 Ford Focus ZTS

Comment

Holy cow!! That's a really neat little program, thanks for the link Bravellir. They don't list the P800/P900 as a supported phone, but I can't see it being all that different from the T610... Anyone know one way or the other??

Comment

Working...
              X