Packard Bell IR REMOTE??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Bell IR REMOTE??

i cant get my Packard Bell IR Remote to work!!

can somebody help me??

MediaEngine doesn't support it.
    Get MediaEngine !!!
    Media Engine Download

Comment

can you add support for it in the next release??!

Comment

send us two of them.
        Get MediaEngine !!!
        Media Engine Download

Comment

Originally posted by CarComp
          send us two of them.
          i only got 1

Comment

The "read between the lines" is that they need the products for testing, and will be willing to look into it if they have them. Big reason the D-link radio's are used, the programmers either had them or recieved them to test.
            2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

The reason we need two is because theres 2 developers.
              Get MediaEngine !!!
              Media Engine Download

Comment

u cant use a guide or something that says the data commands it uses??

Comment

how do we test it?
                  Get MediaEngine !!!
                  Media Engine Download

Comment

no offense, but it's not very nice to sound so demanding, especially with so few posts. the amount of time and effort it would take for the developers to add a $5 OLD remote wouldn't really be worth it IMHO.

please respect those who work hard so the rest of us can get excellent, FREE software.
                    "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gubon13
                      no offense, but it's not very nice to sound so demanding, especially with so few posts. the amount of time and effort it would take for the developers to add a $5 OLD remote wouldn't really be worth it IMHO.

please respect those who work hard so the rest of us can get excellent, FREE software.
                      Not to be an ***, but isn't the IRMAN like 30$? Sending them two and keeping one for yourself would still make it worth it just depends on if its worth it to the programers (most people would save 25$ over the IRman, I still think the IRman is alot better of a product though). I agree with what your saying about the respect, these people offer free software which would take everyone a while to do themselves if at all, they do deserve much respect. [resumes lurking]

Comment

I meant to make the point that it was old more than that of price, but point taken.

IRMAN is very nice, I agree. I remember when that guy used to have schematics on how to make your own. (I still have them somewhere, and I have made at least 20 of them for about $5 apiece.)
                        "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

You can get the Packard Bell remote to work with ease. I use the Girder to recieve my remote signals with the Igor Plugin. This lets me map what the Packard Bell receives and map it to keyboard strokes or anything else I want.

I have the files if you want me to e-mail them to you. The Girder software is $19.99 if you don't know where to look.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You need to use the IgorPlug-3 plugin for Girder. Girder isn't the easiest app to setup but if you read the docs you should be fine. After you install the plugin for Girder you need to choose the right option in its config, I believe its the third option out of the list.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X