DVD problem in MediaEngine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD problem in MediaEngine

Running the latest version and it works great - can't wait for GPS and XM support when it's ready.

I'm having a problem playing DVDs however as I can browse the DVD and select the title and it then goes to a pink screen with a menu - the menu then disappears and it goes full screen - however the DVD nevr plays and it stays with a pink screen. I can get the menu back and exit etc so it just seems that the DVD player is not running.

I have Ulead DVD Player installed and this plays the DVD perfectly ok although it's not integrated with ME of course.

Any ideas on what I might have missed?

Thanks

Steve

RV : Samsung Q1 + Kyocera KR1 (EVDO) + GPS<br>
    Car: AMD 3000+ Book PC + Lilliput 8" Touch + 13" TFT

Webmaster for the European Ford Scorpio Site

Re: DVD problem in MediaEngine

Forgive me if I'm wrong (complete newbie), but I think it's because you're trying to play a DVD that is from another region to the region your DVD-ROM drive is setup to play (I'm having the same issue).

If you minimize MediaEngine you may find there is a dialog box prompting for the region selection.

Hope this helps.

Chitty
    www.leapoflogic.co.uk

Comment

I don't think that's the problem as the DVD plays perfectly ok outside of ME using the Ulead Power DVD. I am thinking that maybe ME is incompatible with the Ulead DVD player so I am looking for another DVD player to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Steve

Comment

I'm having the same problem in that a Region 1 DVD plays fine through Cyberlink PowerDVD (via http://www.dvdidle.com), but doesn't play through MediaEngine.

Chitty
        www.leapoflogic.co.uk

Comment

That's very weird then because I just downloaded PowerDVD and installed it and it works just fine. I wonder if there is a specific order that these need to be installed in eg WinDVD folowed by Media Engine.

I do have the same problem with the XM PCR software installed as an External App - it plays perfectly ok outside of ME but when I launch it from within ME it goes to the Desktop, loads the opening page of XMPCR and then just hangs. If I close it from the taskbar it tells me that XMPCR is not responding and after forcing a close it goes back into ME correctly - very weird.

Steve

Comment

Fix for pink screen

I had the exact same problem when trying DVD playback. I used the control panel to remove PowerDVD, then rebooted, reinstalled PowerDVD, ran ME215 and the DVD now works

Hope this helps...

.//Daren
            EpiaM10000/C134/Liliput 7"/Slotloading DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
            .//Daren
            (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
            MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

I have the same problem, I only get a pink screen.. even after reinstalling Power DVD.

I tried different players as well but didn't work either

Comment

Reinstalling windows didn't help either

Comment

I had done as you said , but nothing change, what can I do now ?

tks.

Originally posted by mobileh1
                  I had the exact same problem when trying DVD playback. I used the control panel to remove PowerDVD, then rebooted, reinstalled PowerDVD, ran ME215 and the DVD now works

Hope this helps...

.//Daren
                  EpiaM10000/C134/Liliput 7"/Slotloading DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1

Comment

Guy, I had take a pack from ms update, and installed DirectX9 ?! After reboot pc, it's okey.

So, if you care , just try it , maybe just dirctx9 take effect

Comment

I treid all of the above techniques, none have worked, my screen will remain black with no DVD (audio or video) playing, any more advice?
                      Dell Laptop PIII,500Mhz,640MBRAM,20GBHD(Sits under the driver seat)7.2" Widescreen,Earthmate USB GPS,FM,DVD Drive,I use a docking station, and it stand-by+shut down automatically after I take the key out(DC power stops). Audio into 9 Speakers + Sub

Comment

I installed the k-lite codec pack and the problem was solved, it will go to a pink screen for a hot sec than it will start playing It has a small pink line across the top of the screen about 1mm thick but it is above the video (in the black section not the movie).
                        http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/
                        Dell Laptop PIII,500Mhz,640MBRAM,20GBHD(Sits under the driver seat)7.2" Widescreen,Earthmate USB GPS,FM,DVD Drive,I use a docking station, and it stand-by+shut down automatically after I take the key out(DC power stops). Audio into 9 Speakers + Sub

Comment

I have a fresh install of XP going. I downloaded k-lite basic and installed all the components minus MP3.

I then insert a DVD, load a fresh install of mediaplayer (installed before k-lite) and try to play a DVD.

black screen.

whats going on?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
                            I have a fresh install of XP going. I downloaded k-lite basic and installed all the components minus MP3.

I then insert a DVD, load a fresh install of mediaplayer (installed before k-lite) and try to play a DVD.

black screen.

whats going on?
                            Make sure you check the option to install the DVD codec. It is unchecked by default
                            Check out my hopefully useful site...

www.hobbybotics.com

It's still under design but it is functional

Comment

strange, now I get the pink screen and audio, but still no video.

it actually retains the old paused screen shot of the past vid, doesnt start the video portion of the DVD

Comment

Working...
                              X