ME playing NSV video format?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME playing NSV video format?

Winamp's native video format, NSV is perfectly playable using the Winamp engine, however, ME wont play them, it puts up a 'Microsoft Media Player' graphic, which is odd, since I dont have Media Player installed.

If I try forward/backward ME crahes back to WindowsXP.

Any ideas?

I had to modify the settings.ini because the list box management is messed up when adding a new video extension. The code adds in an empty element and is off-by-one on its indexing. Its easily worked around though.

playing the NSV's isnt so eaily worked around?

Thanks!
    .//Daren
    (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
    MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

I have found why this doesn't work. ME uses a redistributed version of Winamp, running 'hidden' and remote controlled. This is fine, except that the version of WinAmp is 2.8, and ancient version. I tried copying a later revision that has the Nullsoft Stream Video codec; unfortunately ME wouldn't start with any version other than 2.8

Any of the author(s) here than can shed light on why 2.8 is necessary? I can try a version 5 Winamp with its Version resource hacked to appear like 2.8, but maybe there are other reasons?

Any of the author(s) lurking here?
    .//Daren
    MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

As far as I know, media engine does not use winamp to play it's video files, just audio files. It uses wmp6.4 to play video files.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

know any way to get it to use a newer version of WinAmp, then I can add NSV to the audio list and it might work...
        .//Daren
        MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

Working...
        X