Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error message...Not the right winamp version, use winamp version 2.81"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error message...Not the right winamp version, use winamp version 2.81"

    Hi all,

    Wonder if anyone experience this problem:

    Whenever I put a short cut of ME .exe in the windows "startup" (so it will start immediately after windows bootup), ME 2.15 keep coming up with error message that said " Not the right winamp version, use winamp version 2.81" . But if I start it with doubble cliking the ME shortcut on the desktop, it will start up without any problem. I have tried to reinstall several times even with the latest download but the problem is still there. I'm running XP Pro with the latest update. Thanks in advance for any response.

  • #2
    Hi,
    i have same problem using windows 2000, only seemed to start after i upgraded to the latest verson from my previous version.

    Mark Ward

    Comment


    • #3
      Open up the shortcut(in the start menu) and make sure the working directory is there.
      That might be it.

      Frodo
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by frodobaggins
        Open up the shortcut(in the start menu) and make sure the working directory is there.
        That might be it.

        Frodo
        Thanks Frodo,

        It turned out to be the Powerstrip shortcut that is also in the "startup" that's causing the problem. So I guess I can't have Powerstrip auto start together with ME. By the way, is Frodoplayer support any video files? I Intstalled it but only the MP3 files show up, when I go into video/movie it show an empty selection. Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mereg
          Thanks Frodo,
          It turned out to be the Powerstrip shortcut that is also in the "startup" that's causing the problem. So I guess I can't have Powerstrip auto start together with ME. By the way, is Frodoplayer support any video files? I Intstalled it but only the MP3 files show up, when I go into video/movie it show an empty selection. Thanks.
          I don't think this is the appropriate area to discuss this. PM me or post in my forum.

          Frodo
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by frodobaggins
            I don't think this is the appropriate area to discuss this. PM me or post in my forum.

            Frodo
            Ops...sorry got carry away. Will post in your forum. Thanks.

            Comment

            Working...
            X