Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Apps - Having Problems

Hello All.

I'm haing some problems running external APPs under ME......"standard stuff" - calc, notepad etc are all fine. other apps (notably GPSS www.gpss.co.uk and FullscreenTV.exe from mediacar forums) - - - when I laucn them, they do, erm, launch....but mediaengine dissapears - says in the task list (at 90%+ CPU) but I dont get the sub menu that appears over notepad.

Am I doing something incredibly daft, or is this a bug ?

(Both apps run fine outside of ME)

thanks,

Rob

I am having a similar problem. I am running LaidBack's script for Netstumbler, which launches both Mappoint and Netstumbler simultaneously. Outside of Mediaengine, it runs fine. Once running Mediaengine, I try to laung Netstumbler, and I can see that it launches, and I can se that Mappoint launches, and it is running in the background. But, Mediaengine continues to force itself to the foreground, and does not show either running (LOADED)

Any suggestions?
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Have you guys tried Frodo's LMF? http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28258

Works perfect for Routis. I guess some it's some issue with MediaEngine launching the app in the current working directory.
      1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

Originally posted by dodgetimes2
        Have you guys tried Frodo's LMF? http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28258

Works perfect for Routis. I guess some it's some issue with MediaEngine launching the app in the current working directory.
        That's not the problem actually, it's kind of hard to explain.
        But LMF should allow him to run anything.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Dodgetimes2 - Thanks for the link

Frodo - you're one cool monkey ......I'll give LMF a go....it's less of an issue for me now I'm using FrodoPlayer instead

Cheers.

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X