Question about playlists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about playlists

I have a Music folder that is a directory based collection (Artist / Album / Tracks) and when I load that into the databased and into a playlist, its in that order, not a true alphabetical order. Is there a way to sort the playlist in ME so that it is in a true alphabetical order based on just the filenames?

Yup, there's an option in the configuration for it. Have a browse through the menus.
    Celica VVTi
    EPIA M10000 Nehemiah, 160Gb HDD, 7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen, Opus 150Watt PSU, Slimline DVD/CDRW, Road Runner

Comment

Yeah I saw an option for "sort directory based by filename" but when I clicked it and reloaded the DB, it didn't do anything different. Hmm..

Comment

Try to update you DB!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmar89
          Yeah I saw an option for "sort directory based by filename" but when I clicked it and reloaded the DB, it didn't do anything different. Hmm..
          I tried that.

Comment

I think you would see what you're looking for if you built your playlist by recursing the parent folder where your music is stored instead of using 'Browse Database>All Music'. The recursion touchscreen button (only in 2.1.5) is the one that looks like a network node map. If you're using a keyboard / ir remote the right navigation button will also do this.
            '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
            WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
            350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Ok great, I'll try this later! Also while we are on the subject of mysterious buttons, what does the <--| button do. The one that looks like the Enter key. It never does anything when I hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by tmar89
                what does the <--| button do. The one that looks like the Enter key. It never does anything when I hit it.
                Since you've caused me to have to think today, I sentence you to 1000 lashings with a wet noodle.

If you're talking about the <-| button on the media browser form, you must be running 2.1.4 or earlier, which did not have the recursion feature. This is a 'state toggled' button, i.e. you tap the button and the button 'latches' down and the next directory you click will be recursed.

If you're talking about the one on the media player form, that one basically re-starts the current track from it's beginning, IIRC.

Comment

ok so here's a dumb question. How do I make a playlist from my 2500+ songs without using the "Browse All Music" option?

Comment

Stick them all into Winamp, save the playlist.
                    Celica VVTi
                    EPIA M10000 Nehemiah, 160Gb HDD, 7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen, Opus 150Watt PSU, Slimline DVD/CDRW, Road Runner

Comment

since ME uses winamp as the mp3 player.. any kind of playlist you want can be made external to ME. just make sure to put the playlist file in the configured ME directory(and make sure the songs point to the right location if you compile the playlist on another machine )

Comment

I think there's one other 'trick' everyone who hasn't figured it out yet should know. The current playlist (whatever you generate from the media browser without using the 'build playlist' option) is the file: me_audio.m3u in your program directory. Grab that file, move it into your media folder under a different filename and viola, you have a static playlist file you can munge to your heart's desire.

Comment

stupid programers and their obvious tricks

Comment

Working...
                          X