Problems controlling volume on M-Audio Sound Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems controlling volume on M-Audio Sound Cards

I've been having some trouble having the Media Engine software properly increase volume in my car stereo application, instead of changing the volume it increases and decreases the DB level on only my front channel speakers (left and right as they are linked) but will not increase the volume of the system at large. Doing this also over drives the front speakers as they are set at different DB levels than the rears (due to smaller speakers) Anyone run into this problem or have a suggestion of a possible fix? Thanks a lot for the input if anyone has any ideas of why!

Gary
    1997 Audi A4 1.8TQM
    MB Quart/Alpine/Cadence/VIA M100000 Nehemieh/Lilliput/M-Audio
    Gary
    1997 Audi 1.8TQM
    Alpine/MB Quart/JL Audio - Via M12000 carputer 1 din (floor board) Sound Blaster External USB, Lilliput 7" TFT in custom motorized 1 din housing, OBDII engine management and diagnostics, XM radio, WiFi/Bluetooth, FrodoPlayer

Anyone have any input about this issue? It seems to me it would be a very common issue with car computers and stereos using advanced setups...
    Gary
    1997 Audi 1.8TQM
    Alpine/MB Quart/JL Audio - Via M12000 carputer 1 din (floor board) Sound Blaster External USB, Lilliput 7" TFT in custom motorized 1 din housing, OBDII engine management and diagnostics, XM radio, WiFi/Bluetooth, FrodoPlayer

Comment

if you are using a 4 channel amp to power your speakers, you could adjust the gains... if your using a headunit to power your speakers you could fade to the front more

Comment

Overdriving the amplifiers with gain control isn't a solution (doesn't work, they're too fine a control), the wave volume is what controls the total sound output to all channels on a computer. Master Volume is controlled by the m-audio software so anything else controls the stereo volume controls (hence only the db for the front two speakers) with virtual surround sound. I'm guessing it is an editable option in windows but I do not know the file which you can switch application controls.
        Gary
        1997 Audi 1.8TQM

Comment

Originally posted by ether
          Overdriving the amplifiers with gain control isn't a solution (doesn't work, they're too fine a control), the wave volume is what controls the total sound output to all channels on a computer. Master Volume is controlled by the m-audio software so anything else controls the stereo volume controls (hence only the db for the front two speakers) with virtual surround sound. I'm guessing it is an editable option in windows but I do not know the file which you can switch application controls.

well, i know with the sblive software, they had a program which let you fade music left to right, front to back... does m-audio have similar software?

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem with my M10000...if I find a solution I'll be sure to post it

Comment

Well I found a vb application that changes individual volume controls (main, mic, WAVE, front, rear, subs, etc) I posted the suggestion to have it incorporated into media engine. Heres the thread if anyone is interested: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31959

Comment

Working...
              X