Remote Turn-On signal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Turn-On signal

A remote Turn-on signal made by ME would be very nice. Something like when ME starts, It sends a signal to the LPT port. Some Electronic does the magic by switching on a relay or something, powering the amplifiers with Remote Turn-On power.

yeah that would be cool - that should eliminate the "pop" sound you hear when the sound card initialized after the amps have already been powered.
    Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
    Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

You could use this.

Comment

Time Delay Relay

I'm using this: http://www.altronix.com/p_html/6062.htm . It's connected to the remote side of the power amp.
        EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

The util Seth mensioned does not exsist anymore. But I think this was a very good Idea. Perhaps ME should contain it. This would make ME the perfect system (even more)

Comment

More on Time Delay Relay

I forgot to mention: on my configuration the remote connection on my amp. is not at all controlled by the computer.

The Altronix time delay module is put in between the car ignition connection and the power amp. Basically, it tells the power amp to power on after a settable amount of time. This is to avoid the popping sound produced by the motherboard during the initial boot.

I know it's not very fancy but it works.
            EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

The Carnetix CNX-P1260 already does this.
              It has a remote wire OUT that turns on amps and powered antennas etc AFTER the computer has been given the go-ahead.
              The little feature alone made it worth its money to me.

But back to the main topic, I've actually seen devices like this before for regular PCs, it plugs in between the serial device and the serial controller of the PC and has dipswitches for timing settings.
              I'm sure that is the serial product is available there must be products for other ports.

Comment

Making the hardware is not a problem. The problem for me is that ME does not have this feature.

I hope this feature does get included into ME in the near future. Basicly is just giving the DTR state (high) when ME starts up, and probably some config for chosing Com Port.

Making a litte PCB with a transistor, some resistors and a relay is np.

Comment

do a search for parallel port relay controller

Comment

What is the use for the controller when ME does not support it?

Comment

I'm confused
                      why not use one of the modifications mentioned in this thread
                      then use an external program to do what needs to be done
                      then write a script that:
                      1.) runs the remote turn on proggy
                      2.) starts Media Engine
                      and use that sfript to start ME in lieu of the ME shortcut

Comment

My idea is, like seth mentioned. A little program/service that will turn on some sort of signal to turn on the amplifiers. The link to a programe of this sort is mentioned in the message from Seth. This would be perfect, but since the link to this program does not work anymore. I just as far as when I began searching.

Does anyone have this program for sharing?

Comment

Originally posted by hfosse
                          My idea is, like seth mentioned. A little program/service that will turn on some sort of signal to turn on the amplifiers. The link to a programe of this sort is mentioned in the message from Seth. This would be perfect, but since the link to this program does not work anymore. I just as far as when I began searching.

Does anyone have this program for sharing?
                          Did you click it ??

I just tried and it works...
                          Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                          Status -->
                          Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                          BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Yeah!!! it wokrs fine!!

Comment

There must be something work at my place. It did not work at home, but it did at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X