Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

febsperanza --- MEDIA ENGINE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • febsperanza --- MEDIA ENGINE

    HI Feb
    well no doubts that u r a master in ur work !!
    but just wanted to know HOW about making SKINS for the MEDIA ENGINE too. Since it has a better INBUILT Infra red control and functions as well.

    Can u try to get a few PLS
    !!!!!!!!!!
    Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
    2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
    120 Gb Laptop HD
    7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
    Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
    Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
    ----------
    Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

  • #2
    Another member has already dones this (with febs permission), check the mediaengine website for the newest skins.
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

    Comment


    • #3
      Those skins are vehicle specific....
      I too would love to have the brushed metal skin for ME. (Or if the same person would like to throw in a Chevy or a Z28 symbol, I'd appreciate it!
      Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kiztope
        Those skins are vehicle specific....
        I too would love to have the brushed metal skin for ME. (Or if the same person would like to throw in a Chevy or a Z28 symbol, I'd appreciate it!
        I was keeping quite then I though ... Nah ... blow it.

        I'm currently about %70 thought a complete port of the 16:9 version of this skin.

        A couple of diffrences to the other 'Volvo' skin ( sorry can't remember who did it ).

        The front has been changed so the relevent buttons have the relevent names ( one in total )... I am currently working on the music and video areas so they are as close as possible - to the point of using the exact same effects etc.

        All this surrounded with nice new 3d effect buttons that feel alive... yep thats what I said.

        Lastly - and this is where mine is better. Because of some forward planning - where I have cut the buttons should mean that you can change the back ground easily... this means what ever car logo you want...

        Does that help ?

        Terran
        My Project Site

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ccsnet
          I was keeping quite then I though ... Nah ... blow it.

          I'm currently about %70 thought a complete port of the 16:9 version of this skin.

          A couple of diffrences to the other 'Volvo' skin ( sorry can't remember who did it ).

          The front has been changed so the relevent buttons have the relevent names ( one in total )... I am currently working on the music and video areas so they are as close as possible - to the point of using the exact same effects etc.

          All this surrounded with nice new 3d effect buttons that feel alive... yep thats what I said.

          Lastly - and this is where mine is better. Because of some forward planning - where I have cut the buttons should mean that you can change the back ground easily... this means what ever car logo you want...

          Does that help ?

          Terran
          Screen shots please
          Check out my hopefully useful site...

          www.hobbybotics.com

          It's still under design but it is functional

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by brooksware2000
            Screen shots please
            Well.. for the front screen look at the current MC shots... for the rest... well watch this space

            T

            PS: Those that know me as a skinner know that I normally take my time to get the look just right and even test them live before release
            My Project Site

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ccsnet
              Well.. for the front screen look at the current MC shots... for the rest... well watch this space

              T

              PS: Those that know me as a skinner know that I normally take my time to get the look just right and even test them live before release
              you...my friend...are killing us Media Engine users.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nl4jy
                you...my friend...are killing us Media Engine users.
                About %90 done now... I'd love to show you but.......




                I can't

                Not yet

                Terran
                My Project Site

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok here are some really early screen shots... I am by no means finished and it may change..







                  Terran
                  My Project Site

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bless your heart CCSNET for the post and it is looking mighty good. Keept it up so I can use it.
                    Check out my hopefully useful site...

                    www.hobbybotics.com

                    It's still under design but it is functional

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ccsnet, any progress with that skin? Looks really good!

                      I tried to start using frodoplayer as it seems like a more active project, plus I love the windowed videos and visualisations but I still don't think they are as good as media engine. Does the new version of media engine supports windowed videos?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        and also I saw on your site that the kenwood head unit you have has video out.....

                        Does that mean it displays something on the screen when you are listening to the radio?? If so, do you have any screen shots?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How would one "shrink" it so to compensate for running it @ 800x600 on a Xenarc/Lilli 7"?
                          My Install Thread
                          digitaljetta.com

                          MKIV VW Jetta
                          How do I get sound to my car?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by xtreme_db
                            and also I saw on your site that the kenwood head unit you have has video out.....

                            Does that mean it displays something on the screen when you are listening to the radio?? If so, do you have any screen shots?
                            It has a connection to the in built dash display - basically its the display that would be on the radio but its in a better view.

                            Re skin - its all done bar the GPS bit - well the grapics are done exported just not had the time to finnish - been a tad busy at work and home as my lad goes to school for the first time tommrrow...

                            Trust me it does exist...

                            Terran
                            My Project Site

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ok, kool. Let me know when it's done

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X