ME won't start, Error 339

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME won't start, Error 339

I'm installing ME on Win 98, and get the following error in the log, when I click the done button after setting up my media/playlist directories.

: Component 'mswebdvd.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid : Error number 339

Anybody know how I can fix it? I've reinstalled windows fresh three times now and everytime it's the same. I did update media player to version 7.1, other than that it's stock Win 98.

thanks
    Car:
    2001 Jetta 1.8T
    Stereo:
    JL VR650CSi (front), three JL 8W6 (sub), MB Quart PSD 216 (rear), Xtant 302A (subs), Xtant 4180C (highs),
    Computer:
    Shuttle FV25, Cely 1.3GHZ, 256MB Kingston PC133, WD 80GB 7200 RPM, 150W Opus, 7" TM-700TS LCD, IRMAN,

same problem

I have the same problem (Win 98)

and

no solution.

I tried ME on my home computer (Win XP). It starts fine, but won't play MP3s. I can watch videos, but as soon as I hit Play Music, it flashes "LOADING" and then returns to the desktop.

Comment

First make sure you have the DLL that it says is "improperly registered". If you do have the dll, open a command prompt, and navigate to the directory that houses the dll, then type "regsvr32 mswebdvd.dll" without the quotes obviously (I think this works in 98 but not positive). Then try running ME. Hope that helps.
      2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

Working...
      X