availability of custom buttons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• availability of custom buttons

would you guys like to be able to creat you own buttons? for example, i dont need the volume or the visualization buttons in the tuoch screen modus. it would be cool to simple change the look of em with the skin maker and give them a new function like starting an external app, gps etc...
    what do you guys think?
    @the team: would it be hard to make it real?

Random play button would be great!
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
      Random play button would be great!
      There's a Shuffle button in the pop-up menu bar.
      95 Chevy G20 Vroom Boom Room
      ...with a whole bunch of nifty ****... go check it out: VanDomain Page

Comment

hmmm... didnt know that. Guess i'll have to squint my way thru it and find it. Thanks

Comment

what i was asking for was a way to change the function of this buttons, so everyone can use them for what he want

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
            hmmm... didnt know that. Guess i'll have to squint my way thru it and find it. Thanks
            I think it's the second from the right. With the circling arrows.

Comment

custimisable buttons, like the sound of it - but ME is written in VB5 which means there is no way - i thnk - to do it with skin maker...

@ME Developers : write in another page to setup screen either user macro's for buttons or select from a list of the most popular ideas put up here???

Comment

Originally posted by VanMan69
                I think it's the second from the right. With the circling arrows.

Thanks, found it this morning. Now anyone know of a way to add all songs in the database to a playlist. I'm click thru them one by one.

Comment

Instead of adding them to a playlist, you can go to the top of the browse tree, and select 'Browse All Music' for a complete playable list. May take a second to load.

Comment

i'ld love to have a GPS and Wincommander button in the play screen. i dont need visualizations in the car.

Comment

I completely agree that customizeable buttons would be awesome. The reason I have picked media Engine over all other front ends is its simplicity. I would like to further that simplicity by removing excessive buttons from the music module especially. I would like to have everything on one row as opposed to having to call the 2nd row for certain functions.

How hard would it be to implement this change?

Comment

I have been doing a lot of consideration on new / better ways to handle skins in, oh lets call it "MediaEngine 3.0". Heres my idea for the main menu at least... First thing is, no one likes to be "locked in" to any one certain look. Skins right now are nice for customizing, but I was thinking of more of a dynamic skin that allows the user to choose what options show on the main menu from a predefined list (think Cobra 3 for you old timers) BUT, that poses a problem of making it look appealing to individual users AS WELL as allowing easy customization (i.e. where things are located).
                        As well as that, I plan on allowing the user to choose which side of the screen the touchscreen buttons are on as well as which buttons are shown. Whatever I end up doing, I will tell you this.. It won't be like anything that currently exists.

BTW: MediaEngine is written in VB6
                        Get MediaEngine !!!
                        Media Engine Download

Comment

Working...
                        X