Noob Questions: Turning Off Media Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Questions: Turning Off Media Engine

Hey, im setting my computer up to be a htpc and its similar to a car computer. I have a frew questions though since im using media engine as a frontend...first is there a way to turn off media engine without turning off your computer? i mean is there a button (keyboard) i can push to turn media engine off but keep windows on..so i can browse my computer via windows? Also i was HOPEING that media engine would have a picture view (which would seem super easy to me) but they havn't added one...so i was wondering is there a way (or application for windows xp), that i can add to the applications section so i can just view pictures? I know windows comes with a picture viewer but i don't know the program name and were to find it to link it to media engine. Also...is it possible to have and F.M. radio plug into the pc (via headphone jack), to listen to music through the computer (aux in i guess) even though i would only get one radio station? Thanks guys for the help!

there is an X in the top right of the default skin to close ME, tihs button exits to the Windows desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie
      there is an X in the top right of the default skin to close ME, tihs button exits to the Windows desktop.
      K thanks maybe thats the problem i was using another skin "blue" something...thanks sharpie remind me to email you a cookie!

Comment

I use a batch file (as an external application) to close Media Engine. This is because the skin I use doesn't have an exit button!!

My batch file says the following:

Code:
        @echo off
        echo Closing MediaEngine...
        taskkill /im mediaengine.exe

Comment

Working...
        X