What TV Tuner/FM tuner/GPS do you recommend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV Tuner/FM tuner/GPS do you recommend

Does anyone have any suggestions for a TV tuner card or USB, an FM tuner, and GPS for Media Engine. I want to make sure I get the right ones to be controled by this software. Any recommendations would be helpful.
    Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

Hi!

Yes, this is a good question!
    I hope it supports everything, because Media Engine uses (is linked with) the Application of the TV card.
    Am I right?

Bernhard

Comment

Originally posted by bmbmbm
      Hi!

Yes, this is a good question!
      I hope it supports everything, because Media Engine uses (is linked with) the Application of the TV card.
      Am I right?

Bernhard
      The XM you need is XMPCR, and can find them on ebay all day long. As for FM, I will be having two of those delivered this week. They are the D-link FM usb that are discontinued, but are sold in the UK still. Thats all you need to get complete functionality as far as I know, besides a DVD drive. I think thats it. Let me know if you need some more info.
      Kenny
      Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

Comment

Hi!

Thanks very much for your info!

Bernhard

Comment

TV/FM solution is not easy to reccomend. I am curently experimenting with Asus 7135 TV/FM PCi tuner which appearently works well with MediaPortal 0.1.0.3 (both TV and FM parts).That is if you want to use MP as frontend.

Comment

And can I take the NetEasy D-Link DRU-R100 USB PC Radio?

Comment

Can you watch TV in MP? I didn't know it had an option to view a video input. What is the Neteasy D-Link? I might be interested in that.
              Kenny

Comment

Well, this D-Link is only for FM.
                It is a little USB thing with an antenna.

NetEasy by D-Link DRU-R100 USB PC Radio
                Echte Plug-and Play Installation
                Volles FM Radioband (kein AM)
                USB Spezifikation 1.1 erfüllt
                FM Aufnahme - Software
                MP3 Konvertierungs-Software

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/43/ec/57_1_b.JPG

Bernhard

Comment

Originally posted by bmbmbm
                  Well, this D-Link is only for FM.
                  It is a little USB thing with an antenna.

NetEasy by D-Link DRU-R100 USB PC Radio
                  Echte Plug-and Play Installation
                  Volles FM Radioband (kein AM)
                  USB Spezifikation 1.1 erfüllt
                  FM Aufnahme - Software
                  MP3 Konvertierungs-Software

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/43/ec/57_1_b.JPG

Bernhard
                  Yea, that is what I had been talking about, I didn't know it was called NetEasy. Ive never seen it named that way. Can you still by a neteasy D-Link USB radio in the states?

Comment

Oh good
                    Well I saw it at ebay.
                    I'm from Austria.

Bernhard

Comment

the downside with the d-link DSB-R100(the discontinuted one) is that the reception kinda sucks... i have been testing it at my desk at work for a while now. i can only reach 2 or 3 stations when my co-workers normal radio(in car) could reach 30 or so.

just a FYI

Comment

Originally posted by SilVert
                        the downside with the d-link DSB-R100(the discontinuted one) is that the reception kinda sucks... i have been testing it at my desk at work for a while now. i can only reach 2 or 3 stations when my co-workers normal radio(in car) could reach 30 or so.

just a FYI
                        I hooked it up straight to my car antenna. I also got a antenna booster to go in the middle, and the signal is better then the head unit. Same thing with the XMPCR antenna, I bought an aftermarket one that goes outside the car, adn get perfect reception. You have to hack that thing up if you want to really use it.

I don't know if any computer hardware has antenna worth a crap. I bought the Hauggage(however you spell it) FM/TV tuner, and it came with an antenna. I guess I could have run that in the inside, but it wasn't worth it, I have it in the trunk right now getting horrible reception. I haven't decided which one to go with to finish hooking it up cleanly to the car antenna. I have a car antenna that is in the back window though, and easy to hook with two wires. Its all about how far you want to go, and if you want to make your stuff unsuitable for sale.
                        later,
                        Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by clean customs
                          I hooked it up straight to my car antenna. I also got a antenna booster to go in the middle, and the signal is better then the head unit. Same thing with the XMPCR antenna, I bought an aftermarket one that goes outside the car, adn get perfect reception. You have to hack that thing up if you want to really use it.

I don't know if any computer hardware has antenna worth a crap. I bought the Hauggage(however you spell it) FM/TV tuner, and it came with an antenna. I guess I could have run that in the inside, but it wasn't worth it, I have it in the trunk right now getting horrible reception. I haven't decided which one to go with to finish hooking it up cleanly to the car antenna. I have a car antenna that is in the back window though, and easy to hook with two wires. Its all about how far you want to go, and if you want to make your stuff unsuitable for sale.
                          later,
                          Kenny

ki was thinking about that... but i wasent sure if that would work.

so basically it would look like this:

CarPC ---- D-link DSB R-100 ---- Booster ---- Antena
                          is that correct? this will help me get that 1 step closer to my carPC setup. im still trying to figure out what i need to purchase....

and since somebody stole my old headunit, i need it. maybe i can kick my own *** to get the parts now

Comment

Originally posted by SilVert
                            ki was thinking about that... but i wasent sure if that would work.

so basically it would look like this:

CarPC ---- D-link DSB R-100 ---- Booster ---- Antena
                            is that correct? this will help me get that 1 step closer to my carPC setup. im still trying to figure out what i need to purchase....

and since somebody stole my old headunit, i need it. maybe i can kick my own *** to get the parts now
                            Thats exactly what I was thinking and plan on doing. The booster cost me like $15, you have to hack it apart thought, along with the d-link. I really just want the two wires in and two wires out for each of them, solder them together. I have been told the inside of the D-Link is so small you can fit it inside the computer, and so is the the little card for the booster, and then just hook it up to the antenna. I can't imagine it not getting a good reception.
                            Hope that helps, and I will be doing that physically today.
                            K

Comment

please let me know how that goes... i would like to do that if that is the only way i can get reception with the USB devices... and the D-Link was cheap enough for me(free from a freind) if it dont work, it would suck, but atleast there wasent much invested on my side

Comment

Working...
                              X