Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Rewind on resume?

I just saw the beta download, if only I wasent at work

Anyway my opus supply shuts the pc down after 10 seconds of no ignition power, would it be possible to have a adjustable timer to back the song up X seconds when the machine came out of standby, like 15 seconds even, enough to not miss anything while the system was waiting to standby

Originally posted by sryan2k1
    I just saw the beta download, if only I wasent at work

Anyway my opus supply shuts the pc down after 10 seconds of no ignition power, would it be possible to have a adjustable timer to back the song up X seconds when the machine came out of standby, like 15 seconds even, enough to not miss anything while the system was waiting to standby

Just hit the pause button on the screen before turning off the key. Restarts at exactly where you left off prior to shut down. Particularly good when listening to audio-books.

Comment

The point is I dont want to have to do that, i would rather shut the car off and get out, then have to worry about pausing my music

Comment

Okay then by all means whine until you get someone else to help you be even lazier than you already are.

Comment

Ok buddy, the cd changer in my car pauses and resumes when i turn the car on and off, I never miss part of the song with that, it was just a feature request to make ME better then it allready is

Comment

The CD changer in your car is not on a delayed shut down, kind of an easy situation. The problem is not with ME the problem is created by the OPUS shutdown sequence beginning 10 or so seconds after keyoff. To create the kind of rewind ability you are asking for would require a user to input the delay time for the particular shut down sequence used by the system.
            Why not just push the button or live with a few seconds of music loss?

Comment

Installing a CarPC has a lot of settings, im sure people wouldnt mind typing in one number

Comment

Originally posted by sryan2k1
                Installing a CarPC has a lot of settings, im sure people wouldnt mind typing in one number
                While this is a meritable idea, the problem with it lies in the variability of this "number". Some ppl have their shutdown controllers set to 2 minutes, and some to 45. The latter will cause us severe problems in knowing how far to "rewind" because the playlist will likely have changed tracks (more than once) and "rewinding" won't fix the problem. This makes this neat feature request an order of magnitude more difficult to implement in a way that would be useful to everyone.

Synopsis: just press the damned pause button.
                '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
                WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
                350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Or then just make it work for the current song

Anyway Phat did you get my email?

Comment

you could quite easily do this..... simple check the rewind time against the completed song time if the rewind is great simply start the song again but if it isn't then rewind to that spot.... easy as.... the person would simple put the amount of second into a box or check a box to go back to the start of a song

Comment

Actually something I just thought of that would be even more intelligent - using a comport line to monitor the vehicle's ACC line, and pausing the current playback when it goes low (not on). That would be uber easy to code and wouldn't require any user settings. You can buy usb>rs232 port adapters for around $10.00. Would it be too much trouble to wire up two leads from one of those, one to ground and one to your ACC line?

Opinions / comments welcome.

Comment

that sound like a pretty cool option.... (since everone will already have that wiring for the shutdown squence anyway) but the comms port wouldn't have a problem with 16V (or possibly more) being passed though it?

Comment

That would actually work pretty well, people with VIA EPIA boards can just buy a cheap header and use the second built in COM port

Comment

After testing, this looks like it would work perfectly using the CD line (pin 1) and a 20k resistor (to reduce current consumption). Also, because some serial devices do not use the carrier detect line, it would be possible to use this on a serial port that is hosting an IR remote, or a parking brake lockout circuit, etc.

I'll draw up a schematic when time permits, but it's hardly necessary. Wire pin 5 of your serial port to vehicle ground, and pin 1 (assuming a db9 connector) to one end of a 20k ohm resistor (1/8 watt would be sufficient). To the other end of the resistor you hook your IGN / ACC line, done.

Comment

I'm finally getting around to implementing this, in case anybody cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X