GPS system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS system

I want to setup the GPS system... I currently have nothing ,software wise.... can someone tell me what I need.... I talked to the people from destinator and they don't know of media engine so they couldn't help.....

a walk though would be nice :-)

navigation software
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=85
    or
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56
    there is not a real intergration with mediaengine (yet) > for frodo centrafuse an mediacar there is, see mapmonkey.

You also need to buy the maps and the destiantor SDK to use it (legal).

Comment

That is incorrect now the new beta release have gps abilities.... But no FAQs on the best way to go about using it....

Comment

So which GPS software would be best to use with Media Engine????
        Ford Fiesta 16v 2000 - Media Engine - 8" Touchscreen - 40gig - XP Pro - DVD - VIA C3/EDEN EBGA Processor - Wireless

Waiting for GPS (need to figure out which software is best for the UK)

Comment

dont get these....

I've got microsoft streets and trips; and Delormes TOPO and Street Atlas 2005; I cant recommend either of these for CarPc use as they dont have 3D view, or support larger fonts/buttons (To my knowledge)

Can anyone who really likes their GPS software (Copilot/Mapmonkey etc) please post some updated pics/info on what most people use and like w/mediaengine....

Comment

I use Topo 5 for my mapping solution. I would prefer Street Atlas as the 3d features in Topo are cool until the novelty wears off. Then you realize that an Epia motherboard is a little under powered for all that eye candy and you just turn it off. It would be cool to be able to use the 3d only view for Topo but to my knowledge you have to have both 2d and 3d or just 2d only.

As for the font size in Topo you can set the map font sizes to very readable font size, even for my non vga lcd. The menu sizes and stuff however are not adjustable so unless you have a vga screen it is very hard to use any of the navigation features (still possible, you just need to know what each tab is without reading the text).

I just alt tab (actually it's programmed to a button on my remote) between media engine and Topo. I don't use the built in remote support from Media engine because I need to be able to control Topo with the remote also. I've only used this combination for a couple of days but I'm really pleased with the results.

Comment

I use Map Monkey and it embedds perfectly with ME 2.3.3. You'll have to use Map Monkey launcher to make it work correctly.

Comment

How do I get the internal GPS support to work? The button is grayed out so its not selectable. Is that just a placeholder for a future build?

Thanks,
                Edd

Comment

wow Gredd that looks pretty good, is that destinator. yours looks like how i want mine to look, could you possibly PM me or hit me up on AIM so i can ask you a gew questions?
                  ~~Thanks
                  96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
                  Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

you should try the delorme earthmate. It has 2d,3d options on the gps software.It will work better with the carcpu if you use a motherboerd which supports p4 processor.
                    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Comment

How do I get the internal GPS support to work? The button is grayed out so its not selectable. Is that just a placeholder for a future build?

Thanks,
                      Edd

Comment

go to the options screen and go to the GPS tab, direct it to your gps .exe file, and it works
                        96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
                        Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

anybody used iguidance with ME?
                          via epia sp13000 mobo
                          512mb ddr ultra slim ram
                          100 gig hdd
                          mp3car in-dash TS
                          much more to come!

Comment

yes i am. and its pretty nice. i have no problems with it. and i just did the onstar hack to use the motorola oncore unit and its ALOT more accurate than my bu 303
                            i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

iGuidance seems to work fine in ME for me too

Comment

Working...
                              X