Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New release not playing ANY videos

Hello everyone,

First off, I'd like to say that I really enjoy MediaEngine. I've had pretty good luck getting it set up, except for the fact that it does not want to play any of my movies! I've tried several different types, including AVI, MPG, MPEG, OGG(after adding OGG to the extensions list) and I still get nothing. No video, sound, etc.

Should I try a winamp plugin? These movies do seem to play in winamp ok...any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Oops, looks like I lied. The videos do not play in winamp either! I just get a black screen. I have already tried installing the defilerpak codecs, and gordian knot codecs.

edit: I should also mention that I can play these same files in VLC, and winamp plays MP3 files just fine.

Comment

Does anyone need more information to help me track this down? I've searched around, and haven't found anything that would explain what's happening.

Comment

We need more information. Did the videos work with the older version of Media Engine? You used to be able to open the same videos in the past, correct? Just want to ask to make sure the files themselves aren't corrupt.
        With the new Beta I didn't have to install any newer special codecs other than the ones I already had (divx, xvid, etc...). Possibly try reinstalling your Winamp or something
        www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

This is the first media center I have installed. I don't know if it would work with earlier versions. It really seems to be an issue with winamp. I do not believe the movie files are corrupt, as I can play them with no issues with VLC. (on a side note, is there any way to be able to tell media engine to use VLC rather than winamp? I believe that VLC is a superior media player. It literally plays whatever I throw at it.

Comment

Originally posted by aquavita
            This is the first media center I have installed. I don't know if it would work with earlier versions. It really seems to be an issue with winamp.
            We don't use Winamp to play movies. You need to install the necessary codecs for the movies to play. If they're divx movies you need to install the divx codecs, etc. ad nauseum.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32347

I do not believe the movie files are corrupt, as I can play them with no issues with VLC. (on a side note, is there any way to be able to tell media engine to use VLC rather than winamp? I believe that VLC is a superior media player. It literally plays whatever I throw at it.
            No, sorry.
            '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
            WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
            350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Originally posted by phat_bastard
              We don't use Winamp to play movies. You need to install the necessary codecs for the movies to play. If they're divx movies you need to install the divx codecs, etc. ad nauseum.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32347
              Right. I noted that I had installed the defilerpak and gordian knot codec packs, which include just about every codec ever made. This is why I'm confused as to why it is not working.

No, sorry.
              No worries. But it is something for you guys to consider. It doesn't rely on codecs the same way other media players do, is free to use, and just generally runs better(even on slower systems!). So I feel that it is at least worth a look, perhaps for your upcoming rewrite?

Comment

No worries. But it is something for you guys to consider. It doesn't rely on codecs the same way other media players do, is free to use, and just generally runs better(even on slower systems!). So I feel that it is at least worth a look, perhaps for your upcoming rewrite?
                All video players use codecs. Some come packaged with codecs, but we're not going to do that with MediaEngine.
                '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
                WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
                350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

Get the all codec pack from

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...k_All_in_1.htm

should fix all your problems as i use this installer on my carpc and desktop pc and everything works fine.
                    www.vortexleather.com

Comment

me too. i have the same problem. videos where playing without problems before installing the new beta and now i have black screen but music is playing.
                      media player 10 plays all the movies with picture! any idea?

Comment

im having same problem when i downloaded new version will there be a fix for this?

Comment

Are you guys planning on addressing this issue? I've installed every codec known to man, and Media Engine refuses to play any videos at all.

Comment

i hasd the same problem...i installed the drivers for the vga on the mainboard and it cleared it up perfectly. hope that helps
                            i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
                              i hasd the same problem...i installed the drivers for the vga on the mainboard and it cleared it up perfectly. hope that helps
                              My video drivers are already installed. I'm just going to switch over to frodoplayer like hanzacra did and be done with it. This is too much of a hassle. Especially with no help or input from the developer.

Comment

Working...
                              X