all buttons gone in GPS. full screened, can't exit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all buttons gone in GPS. full screened, can't exit

when i load the gps software (street atlas 2005) from either the main menu or the menu from the mp3 player...the street atlas loads but i am missing ALL the mediaengine buttons. i have no music controls..and i can not exit the gps software. the gps is FULL screen and b/c i am running it from media engine, i do not have a X at the top left or anything. so i am stuck. since i do not have a keyboard, i must restart the computer. help
    thanks

Originally posted by vdoubleu
    when i load the gps software (street atlas 2005) from either the main menu or the menu from the mp3 player...the street atlas loads but i am missing ALL the mediaengine buttons. i have no music controls..and i can not exit the gps software. the gps is FULL screen and b/c i am running it from media engine, i do not have a X at the top left or anything. so i am stuck. since i do not have a keyboard, i must restart the computer. help
    thanks
    same problem here .

Comment

can you post a screenshot of the problem?
      -Jack
      2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
      Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

Comment

same problem:

ok, not the GPS-Prog. but for Example:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan-HB
          ok, not the GPS-Prog. but for Example:

Ok i got ya... ill have a file fix when i get home tonight..

I think i know exactly whats wrong.
          -Jack
          2006 Chrysler 300C AWD

Comment

Try replacing this file within mediaengine. let me know if this helps at all..
            Attached Files
            -Jack
            2006 Chrysler 300C AWD

Comment

couple problems with the file.

First, i did not have that file to begin with.

Putting it in the GPS directory, nothing changed.

The two files in the GPS directory was default and the new file.

When i deleted the default file, the gps software loaded, then the entire screen went blank except the bottom. On the bottom of the screen was the return button (where it should have been).

I should mention that previously, my problem was that the radio and return buttons showed AS street atlas was loading, but when it finished loading, it disappeared. Now I do not see the gps sw, just the return button. Regardless where i click, I will be returned to the music.

Comment

OH, and the guy that posted the pic has a black border...as in you can see that Media Engine is still running in the background. I get nothing. ALL i see is the GPS software. NO border. Just the software full screened but no X in the corner or a bar where the maximize, minimize buttons reside.

Comment

on my touchscreen you can´t see the Border too.

For testing and moddeling i use my Notebook, there is a better resolution
                  i think, there is a problem with the skin. Because, if i use the "audi_V4"-skin, you can see the lower Border, but no Control-Buttons for music on the left.
                  See Example. Next Problem on the Audi skin: On the main menue i changed the "Naviation" Buttom Funktion in the *.skn and it works fine. But in the Playlist the is a "GPS"-Button who links to "ext.apps." Can I EASY change it?
                  Attached Files

Comment

iám too stupid for this...

i can´t find the bottom for "NAVIGATION" for change it. Please help me!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Street Atlas

I had this problem as well. It turns out that you need to leave Street Atlas in 'window' mode (Non maximized) prior to using it within the shell of MEdia Engine. Just run Street Atlas from Windows and click the window mode in the upper right corner and than close Street Atlas.

Not exactly intuitive, but I guess Media Image can't control everything! Seems to me that there is a command line switch within Windows that allow you to open an application in non-maximized mode, but I haven't researched this.

Future thought: When opening a third party app for GPS like Street Atlas, it would be great if the music control buttons could be put at the bottom of the screen so that more of the screen is used/usable by the GPS application.
                      JAM

72 240z
                      Epia M10000
                      Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
                      XP Pro
                      Xenarc 7" touch

Comment

Working...
                      X