Reboot - serious Windows XP error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot - serious Windows XP error

Media engine works fine most of the time.
    Now, when I add new files to the media folder (I exit ME first then I copy/paste the files and then restart ME), it rebuilds the database and once it finishes, the system reboots.

After that Windows XP comes up with the "Windows XP has recovered from a serious error [...] Send/Don't Send".

I did not have this problem in the beginning, now it seems that every time I add new media files I go through that process.

Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Sounds like you might have hardware and / or operating system issues.

Is your media folder on a usb connected hard drive?

Can you give some background on the phrase 'in the beginning'?
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

The media directory is on a partition of the harddrive that I use.
      I copy the files from a USB device to the hard drive then relaunch the program.
      It doesn't happen every single time; but sometimes after it finishes rebuilding the database, I get a reboot.

By in the beginning, I mean when I first installed the computer in the car about a month ago. Software wise I have not made any changes. I did install a software equalizer [WebEQ XP] that seemed to give me issues as soon as I would launch the visualization plug in (reboot kind), but I got rid of that and it stopped giving me trouble.

The system has not changed hardware/software wise since then. Not quite sure why I get this issue.

Comment

You might look through your system event log and see if XP is complaining about a crashed driver around the time of the reboots. There's only one piece associated with M/E that I'm aware of causing reboots, and that's the USB driver for the D-Link FM tuner (complete garbage).
        '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
        WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
        350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

Working...
        X