Songs playing in wrong order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs playing in wrong order

Maybe this has been covered before, but I searched and could not find it.

When I add new music to the library and then update the database, it plays the wrong song (not the song I select).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Make sure you can play that song using the copy of winamp in the MediaEngine folder. Depending on what type of file it is, it's likely you're missing a plugin.
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

The songs play fine, just not when they are selected. For example, I will select song number 8 and it will play song number 14, but it will say it playing song number 8. Does that make sense?

Also, while I have you on the line so to speak, I had a question about video codecs. I have soem stuff that is RMVB (real media). If I install real alternative, which is based on the older media player (same as media engine) will I be able to play rmvb files from within media player?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by supergeek
        The songs play fine, just not when they are selected. For example, I will select song number 8 and it will play song number 14, but it will say it playing song number 8. Does that make sense?
        No, but did you try playing the same files in winamp like I suggested?

Originally posted by supergeek
        Also, while I have you on the line so to speak, I had a question about video codecs. I have soem stuff that is RMVB (real media). If I install real alternative, which is based on the older media player (same as media engine) will I be able to play rmvb files from within media player?
        If they will play in wmp there's a really good chance they'll play in MediaEngine. Just be sure to read the FAQ (stickied at the top of the M/E forum) on how to add a file type.

Comment

Originally posted by phat_bastard
          No, but did you try playing the same files in winamp like I suggested?

Yes, they played fine in Win Amp.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the data base is off. It has the listed songs associated with the wrong files.

Comment

Have you turned off automatic database rebuilds? Are you sure what you stated is true (i.e. looked at the records in the database and confirmed)?

Did you look in your debug.log file for any signs of problems?

Comment

suggestion

I have a simlar problem. If I delete a track and try to play music again, it will show the incorrect track title and name. All I do then, is make sure the database is updated in the menu, and then I have to browse music again in order to fix that problem. Try this if you have not already.

Comment

Sorry I have been gone for so long. I got hammered at work all of a sudden.

I tried that, Mark and it solved the problem! Thanks. This has been drivign me absolutly nuts!

Comment

This makes sense now. If you've turned off database updates or you load a playlist before the database has finished rebuilding then you'll get the 'hard list' of files in the playlist instead of it pulling from the database. I'll have to add a check in this mode so it will automatically update playlists when a song is removed. I guess I should also have it reconcile all the playlists after each database build.

Comment

Working...
                  X