Problem with list numbering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with list numbering

I have been using Media Engine for a few weeks now and I have only had two major problems with it.

1. No Equalizer, I read the post that was made about why there was no equalizer and I understand and respect that.

2. This was my real reason for posting, I am unable to sort my CD's by their track numbers. They will only go in order of alphabetical of the track name, after the artist name. I know my files have the track numbering in their code because their formatting came from iTunes and they have worked with several other players. I have looked through the options and any option that I thought may have worked, will not work. I cant recal the exact options I tried as I'm not on my Car Computer, but if those are needed I can find out.

Thanks for making a great front end and continue what you guys are doing.

There are two ways to get your albums to sort by track number.

1) go to 'browse database>browse by artist>[album]>list albums' - this will honor the track numbers used in the id3 tags if present

or

2) rename your files with the track number formatted as two or three digits (i.e. 01, 02, 03, etc.) in the filename and turn on 'sort directory based lists by filename' on the 'Actions' tab in settings
    '01 Chevy Xtreme Stepside (pics)

FIC K7MNF-64 / Athlon 3200 | 256 DDR | 120 GB 7.2k WD
    WinXP Pro | MediaEngine | 12.1 VGA TFT Touch|Creative CIMR-100
    350w Vector | 320w mATX PS | Hellroaring BIC95150 | ButterflySDC

Comment

I was actually wondering about this just the other day but didn't have time to post. I'll try out both methods and see which one works best for me. Cool, thanks phat.

Also, when you go to 'browse database>browse by genre' it lists all the songs within that genre. The list could be too long to scroll down through, so is there a way to have it list by artist within a particular genre and then clicking on an artist will show the album and then songs or did I miss something?
      '99 Volvo S80
      Carputer install progress: ++++++++--- (80%)

Comment

Yep, the first method worked perfectly. The only thing is that it navigates through all the menu's when I click back out to change albums. I click on the navigation button to navigate to the menu's and because I have the history on, it navigates through all the menus back to where I was, then gives me control.

It takes it a grand total of .5 a second to do this so its not a bug, more just bringing something to light that may or may not be known.

Anyway, that worked perfectly so thank you very much for your fast response.

Comment

Originally posted by phat_bastard View Post
          There are two ways to get your albums to sort by track number.

rename your files with the track number formatted as two or three digits (i.e. 01, 02, 03, etc.) in the filename and turn on 'sort directory based lists by filename' on the 'Actions' tab in settings
          I have tried that and renamed all my tracks to start with 01,02,03,010 ect.... and still it manages to put it into alphabetical order and play it that way... im starting to pull my hair out... any other sudgestions?

Comment

hmm...this is a shot in the dark, but did you put the 01, 02, 03, etc...at the end of the filename?

Proper .mp3 title format is as follows: Artist - Track # - Song Name.mp3
            '99 Volvo S80
            Carputer install progress: ++++++++--- (80%)

Comment

Working...
            X