Movies runs to fast...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies runs to fast...

I cant get any movies to work in MediaEngine.. has anyone else had these problems?

The movies runs fast, and sometimes wont even run at all....

Richard
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
    Albert Einstein

was just about to post this problem and saw your post

anyway i'm having same (similar?) problem where DivX movies will run extremely fast..... goes thru 5 minutes of movie in 5 seconds (approx) no audio at all..... it's not sorta running fast it's just skipping frames almost like it's only playing the keyframes and not the frames in between......

but it only happens on SOME divx movies...... the short ones seem to all play fine..... long ones seem to sometimes play sometimes not..... actually now i think about it i think every movie under 60 minutes played and every movie over 60 minutes went crazy fast...... these movies worked fine in windows media player which i think is what your using to play the movies? so it makes no sense!!!!

didn't have any over 60 min mpegs to test but all my mpegs ran fine.......

i have 1.6.9 and divx 5.0.3 installed..... windows XP athlon 1800XP (that winamp visualisation FLIES wif everything turned up max hehehehe )

Comment

hmm.. in think it was something to do with the extension .. (.avi) .. which had to be changed to (.divx) ... when I changed a divx to .. ex. "name.divx" .. then the movies worked the way they were supposed to ...

i think this had something to do with the videoplayer thinking .avi files were just avi files.. and not Divx's .....

Richard
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

ahh very good call.. I'll have to remember that one
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

dammit that's a pane in the *** now i have to run the network cable back out there

wat video player is he using? i haven't looked at the source but i presumed it was windows media player......

Comment

Working...
          X