copilot preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copilot preview

For those of you who have copilot running with media engine (like me) here is a preview of the upcoming media engine/copilot control panel.

Now when you click on the copilot logo you get this if the mp3 player was running when you switched to copilot. There is another menu for the FM module and main menu....depends on where you came from.

It should be obvious what the buttons do. When you click on the media engine logo, you get back to copilot. Suggestions welcome. Still under development.

OMG!!!! that is sooooooo sweet!
    you guys frickkin rock!

need any help w/the website/hosting/etc?

I'm willing to put in some time to help you guys out since you're building a kick *** piece of software...

/me will be in #mp3car more often
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

this is nuts!

i'm also able to help with hosting or web design. let me know if you need a hand.

Comment

BTW...

how does copilot go with melbourne, australia?

Comment

Will it work only with co-pilot ? Is there any other way to get it working with other apps ?

Sorry I am not a programmer so I can't look at the code etc but I thought I would ask.

I am currently looking at a using this ( http://www.directions.ltd.uk/moreinfo.php?id=1020 ) and would LOVE to do the same.

Also do you know when the support for multiple external apps will be avalible ? - I am plannig on having Autoroute avalible as well. - Sorry if these have already been asked else where....

Terran
          My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
            Will it work only with co-pilot ? Is there any other way to get it working with other apps ?

Sorry I am not a programmer so I can't look at the code etc but I thought I would ask.

I am currently looking at a using this ( http://www.directions.ltd.uk/moreinfo.php?id=1020 ) and would LOVE to do the same.

Also do you know when the support for multiple external apps will be avalible ? - I am plannig on having Autoroute avalible as well. - Sorry if these have already been asked else where....

Terran
            I found this today - http://www.directions.ltd.uk/developer.php

They have the OCX files for use with other applications - would this any use - If so I may buy the CD and pass it on your self az1324

Thanks

Terran
            My Project Site

Comment

will that work with existing versions of copilot ? I think mine is 2001 or 2002.

very nice work !!

brian

Comment

Originally posted by finnman925
                will that work with existing versions of copilot ? I think mine is 2001 or 2002.

very nice work !!

brian
                It should be compatible with all recent versions of Copilot.

Comment

Very nice.

For now I run my Co-Pilot using the external program button.
                  SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                  GPSing - Digital Speedo
                  Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                  Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

will the buttons work with a remote cuz if so Im going to go buy a copilot unit now LoL!!!

I dont have a touch screen so can we use like up and down on our remotes to push the buttons and maybe a keyboard for when we need to type a locatiuon and such?

Comment

Originally posted by LoSx
                      will the buttons work with a remote
                      I knew someone was going to ask that. Well.... let me say it is slightly more complicated to make it work with a remote. That being said, go buy a touchscreen. Haha. No, but if I do incorporate remote support for the GPS helper then I would do it in the following way:

There would be a button on the remote to switch to GPS. Then when you pressed the SWMP button it would change the logo from Copilot to Media Engine and your remote would have the same functionality as it does when you are on the MP3 player. The remote wouldn't operate the buttons, but i suppose they would be displayed so that the Artist/Title information could also be displayed. Then when you pressed the SWMP button again the logo would change back to copilot and your up,down,left(prev track), right (next track), and enter buttons would work within copilot.

Comment

Originally posted by LoSx
                        will the buttons work with a remote cuz if so Im going to go buy a copilot unit now LoL!!!

I dont have a touch screen so can we use like up and down on our remotes to push the buttons and maybe a keyboard for when we need to type a locatiuon and such?
                        I think I will consider buying Co-Pilot IF I can get a UK version for the PC - I have sent them an email because I would like to stick with ME because if every thing intergrated and custermised it looks so cool.

I have found a remote with a GPS buttom but its RF based.. may be that is anther way round you problems LoSx as I belive it is custmisable.

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

I'm sooo looking forward th this. You guys rock!

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
                            I think I will consider buying Co-Pilot IF I can get a UK version for the PC - I have sent them an email because I would like to stick with ME because if every thing intergrated and custermised it looks so cool.
                            Its a waste of time. You will get back an email in about 3 weeks which says something along the lines of "Compaq are the dealers for CoPilot in the UK". Which is of course technically true, but its only for the handheld IPAQ PDA, not Windows. There is not, and never will be a UK version for Windows, they are not interested in dealing with our market.
                            -------------------------------------------
                            (=========-) 99% complete
                            --------------------------------------------
                            AMD K6/2 500 @ 450mhz to keep heat and power usage down, 64Mb, slim CDrom drive, 64mb USB pendrive for MP3 transfer, 10Gb 2.5" drive for MP3, USB>RS232
                            All jammed in external CDROM drive case.
                            Kenwood KVC-1000r In-Dash LCD. x-10 MouseRemote. Destinator V2 Gps. DC-DC with onboard Shutdown controller.
                            ----------------------------------------------

Comment

az1324 do you know when your copilot stuff will be ready for incorportation into the media engine program?

Comment

Working...
                              X