MediaEngine executable update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaEngine executable update.

There is an M.E. update for the executable. Download it and drop it into your c:\MediaEngine directory.

Fixed some shutdown issues, CIMR problems, form load problems, and a lot of bugs that became apparent.

Sorry bout quick message, but I have to do some more work right now.

Click To Download mediaengine.exe executable
    Get MediaEngine !!!
    Media Engine Download

thanks! everything looks the same
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

While playing movies on the the tile bar is it possible to remove the volume percentage & make it appear a little lower to the the title bar or maybe have the text scroll to show the full tile?

Keep up the good work!!

- 3+ years & still no carputer!
      - Done collecting parts
      - Currently planning setup

Comment

Oops posted this in the wrong thread it was meant to go in the "Post your requested features here"

Sorry
        - 3+ years & still no carputer!
        - Done collecting parts
        - Currently planning setup

Comment

Nice, the CMIR-100 now works perfect through my Belkin Serial to USB converter.

Thanks.
          SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
          GPSing - Digital Speedo
          Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
          Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
            Nice, the CMIR-100 now works perfect through my Belkin Serial to USB converter.

Thanks.
            You are becoming quite the post whore...Same response in three threads...
            Aura MR62 (F and R)
            My Current MP3s
            IamDefiler.com

Comment

Why thank you.

I did that so others could see. One user had creative remote problems. If he has email alert on then he will see my post and be happy also.

Just looking out for others....

AHhahah now my CarPC is 100% fully working. Yea!!!!!!!!

Now, I see you were having problems with a Serial to USB. What's your problem, cause mine works like perfect now.
              SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
              GPSing - Digital Speedo
              Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
              Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
                Now, I see you were having problems with a Serial to USB. What's your problem, cause mine works like perfect now.
                I don't have the reciever plugged into the USB to serial, I have my GPS plugged into it. I think I will swap the two though. The problem is about every 5 to 7 boot ups I get a quick BSOD while Windows XP is loading. Might be drivers...When I have time to mess with it or I get sick of it I will give it more attention...
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

CarComp.... I understand that 2.0 is getting ready to come out but in recent history, Ive seen several people requesting help with problems that are in the end solved by updating the exe file. My question to you is... why is the updated exe file not included with the current full program download. I posed this question to hijinks (I *** U ME d that he was quite involved with the going-on's of the program) but he said to say something to you. Just thought Id point this out right before you put out the currrent program... at lesat now with all the soon attention you will get, you can have this problem out of the way. Anway, just thought Id point this out.
                  The Grand aMP3 Project
                  Car: 96 Pontiac Grand Am
                  Current Setup: AMD K62 300MHz, 64MB DIMM RAM, 20GB WD Hard Drive, Basic Video & Sound

Comment

what happened to the widescreen support/aspect ratio setting?

mike
                    91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Comment

Its fully automatic now. It had nothing to do with widescreen monitors... It was just if the movie was "recorded" in widescreen vs. standard. I can detect that now.
                      Get MediaEngine !!!
                      Media Engine Download

Comment

Originally posted by CarComp
                        Its fully automatic now. It had nothing to do with widescreen monitors... It was just if the movie was "recorded" in widescreen vs. standard. I can detect that now.
                        Yes buy now I cannot get a movie to look correctly on my screen. A widescreen display streches an image to fill its screen. When a widescreen movie (16:9) is played and forced into a 4:3 aspect ratio which streches it vertically then played on the 16:9 screen which streches it horizontally it looks like it should.

the 16:9 aspect ratio can also be represented a 16/9. 16/9 = 1.77778
                        that is why some movies have their aspect ratio listed as 1.778:1
                        4:3 = 4/3 = 1.333 = 1.333:1
                        Im using the fraction (16/9) in the examples below.

you start with a 16/9 image and multiply its dimentions by 3/4 to get a 4/3 image that fills the screen. (16/9)*(3/4)=(4/3)

then the electronics on the widscreen display multiplies the (4/3) image by (4/3) to get (16/9) and the image is displayed perfectly.

This is how dvd players (atleast all the ones ive owned) work when you set the display screen to 16:9 in their options. Im asking you to implement an option like this. Simply multiply the movies aspect ratio by 3/4 so it looks correct on a widescreen display.

This is how media engine (and anything else that does not support a widescreen display) functions now.

when you send an image already in the (16/9) aspect ratio to a conventional (4/3) it looks correct. The image is a wide screen image with correct black bars on top and bottom.

But when a (16/9) image is sent to a (16/9) display, the electronics multiply the dimentions by (3/4) to get a (64/27) image.
                        (16/9)*(3/4)= (64/27)

What happens is the black bars stay on top and bottom of the image and it is streched horizontally to fill the screen. You get a really widescreen image with black bars on top and bottom.

mike
                        91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Comment

ok a quick solution to the problem.

A widescreen display is four thirds (4/3) wider than a conventional 4:3 display. so to fill the entire screen the electronics in the widescreen display multiply the incoming image's aspect ratio by 4/3.

becouse most computer screens and televisons use a 4:3 aspect ratio the incoming image is a conventional 4:3. 4:3 represended as 4/3. (4/3)*(4/3) = 16:9 a 4:3 image is streched to fill a 16:9 screen by multiplying the aspect ratio by 4/3.

to make the image look correct on the widescreen all you have to do is multiply the aspect ratio of the image by 3/4 before you send it to the display. This cancels the (4/3) strech factor of the display.

so, providing you actually have acces to the aspect ratio of the movie in your movie playing all you need to do is multiply that aspect ratio by 3/4 so images look correct on a 16:9 display.

mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Szilagyi
                            so, providing you actually have acces to the aspect ratio of the movie in your movie playing all you need to do is multiply that aspect ratio by 3/4 so images look correct on a 16:9 display.
                            Actually, it is a little more complicated than that as car-pc users with 16:9 monitors a la Xenarc are sometimes running with near-square pixels (800x480, 848x480, etc) and sometimes running with rectangular pixels (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 etc). You have to take into account not only the aspect ratio of the source and the destination, but the pixel shape in between. Here's how to do it:

1) User specifies the aspect ratio of the display 4:3 or 16:9
                            2) Program gets the resolution of the video (most all desktop CODEC's decode for square pixels)
                            3) Program gets the desktop resolution and calculates the aspect ratio of the physical pixels based on the user's specified screen aspect.
                            4) Program calculates the H/V scaling for the square pixel video to remap it to the aspect of the display pixels.

The exception to these rules is when you want to do something like scale 4:3 video out to fullscreen 16:9 and make it look good.. You can create scaling curves that do various things like scale the center of the image more than the edges and end up with something that looks better than linear scaling.
                            MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                            See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                            Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                            Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                            BMW I-Bus Integration
                            My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

I am having problems installing the execuable update. I put it in the MediaEngine folder, and double click it....I get an error of "Skins folder not found", so I created an emptly "skins" folder, and tried to re-run the exe, and my whole desktop flashes for 20 seconds when the .exe runs!!!

Whats up? I have my MediaEngine in d:\ProgramFiles\MediaEngine, NOT c:\MediaEngine ....could that be the problem?
                              -AL
                              * 2000 Ford Expedition
                              * EPIA M10000/512 meg RAM, Win XP PRO, 90w OPUS, 80 gig HD
                              * TM-710VGT LCD, Wireless mouse, keyboard
                              * M-Audio Sound Card, 2 Alumapro 10" subs, 2 PPI Amps (1kW)

Comment

Working...
                              X