Idea for Media Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Media Engine

How hard would it be to include a "favorites feature" for music. Kind of like how you can "bookmark" music in Winamp. I like this since i have 6000+ songs and maybe i would like to have a favorites list which can be easily edited. This would also be perfect for making a list of the latest and greatest new songs too. I think this would be something that could make this program excel big time! Anyone else with me?
    2004 F-150
    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

I like it, if I get what you're meaning

Say you're listening to songs at random, then say "Hey, I'd like to add that to my favorites list", so you click a button and add it to the favorites playlist ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Stop requesting more features. You're just delaying the release of 2.0!!!!

j/k (1/2)

Comment

That seems like a good idea but wouldnt it be better just to add a function like Winamp 2.x where you press "j" and it comes up with the search window? You could have a sliding window with a keyboard on it.
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
          That seems like a good idea but wouldnt it be better just to add a function like Winamp 2.x where you press "j" and it comes up with the search window? You could have a sliding window with a keyboard on it.
          Search would be nice, bit no, I don't think this feature would come near to the functionality that this would bring
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

what are the odds this will make it in Media Engine??

I think this feature will benefit tons of users. Kind of a Media Engine only. Even though winamp has the bookmark feature, which is kind of like it.

If you put this in there, consider me a lifetime user, and your personal slave too. hehe.
            2004 F-150
            Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
            "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

In the program I am working on, I have implemented something similar to the methods used in Apple's iTunes, and on their iPod software. Basically it allows you to rate a song from 1 to 5. So if you hear a song that you really like, then you can bump the rating up to 5 stars, if it is decent then you can give it 3 or 4. This allows you to quickly play all of your favorite songs by telling the program what caliber songs to play. The way I use it is to give all of my new songs a 5 star rating, then my favorites a 3 or a 4. So if I want to listen to only the new stuff, I select the 5 star playlist, if I want to listen to my all around favorites, I select the 3 or 4 star playlist, which will also play the 5 star songs too.

Quincy

Comment

like the new windows media player too
                92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

can the ME have a shuffle mode for the movie? also, how can i have 2 movie buttons?

one is for movies
                  and the other is for music videos.

any ideas?

Comment

llmask

seperate them into different directories. ME will not be made into bloatware. Meaning 100 different on screen options for something as simple as just using directories to seperate vids
                    '98 Explorer Sport
                    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
                    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
                    80% done

Comment

the random . shuffle function is for use when playing music videos. instead of playing mp3s, i play music videos. and shuffle is necessary so that it doesnt play in order every time i open it.

Comment

llmask

yes there is no shuffle option for videos yet in 2.0. Go on the website and send the developers some email. I'll bring it up to carcomp
                        '98 Explorer Sport
                        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
                        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
                        80% done

Comment

Working...
                        X