2.0 review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 review

I've been doing some beta testing for 2.0 and I just did a test on the road with carcomps latest build. This has pretty much everything 2.0 will have, just not GPS. Still not sure if GPS will even be in 2.0 or a future release.

2.0 did great on the road. Here are some things I really liked.
    - If you close ME out and then start your computer back up.. his play mp3s. it will load your playlist and then start at the same place you quit ME in the song. So it has a resumer type option in it
    - THE OSK is great. I couldn't remember which beatles CD had a song I wanted to listen to. So i did a search and it poped right up.
    - The building of a playlist is just great. I found it very easy to build and load a custom playlist.
    - THere is an option to load a night theme and a day theme. So at 9pm when i was driving, i had it set to auto load a darker theme and it worked just great.
    - any screen res is supported! I use a wide screen vga screen and i use a res like 905x486 and the default skin looked great. divxs looked great.

So in short this release will be great.

I didn't get to try dvd since I didn't have any codecs installed.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Glad to hear the good news...

So, how much longer do we have to wait?
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Dont' keep us in the dark...
      VIA Epia 9000
      256Mb RAM
      120GB Hdd
      LCD TM-701L 7" with Touch
      Slim CD-RW/DVD
      D-Link DSB-R100 Radio
      Garmin GPS III
      Audio:
      2x6.5" Focal 160 V2
      2x12" MTX BG104 Sub
      Audison Milennium 5 AMP

Comment

Does the day/night theme work as an icon or a function.. I am think Girder control here by a command - also does it load an alt skin or change the desktop colours instead ?

Thanks

Terran

PS - Day Night on some kind of timer would be good.... Homeseer does that... ( x10 Software )
        My Project Site

Comment

ccsnet, it just changes the skin. In the setup you can select which skin to load in the day time and night time. Also you can select what times you want the skins to change.
          '98 Explorer Sport
          80% done

Comment

this review makes my heart beat at a faster rate!!! soon ill be on VALIUM therapy if M.E. 2.0 delays more.....

Comment

LMAO Susman!!! lol. All sounds great to me cant wait for the release.
              Audio:Pioneer KEH P6900R, CD multi Changer, CD-RB20 Aux input adapter.
              System:AMD550, 192 Ram, 13Gb HDD, Via Micro ATX, o/b Sound, 32Mb G/c, T/screen In-Dash 7" LCD VGA, IrMan, 120w inverter.
              O/s:Windows 98lite
              Software:MediaEngine 1.7.7

Comment

Mmmmm. I need to create a night sin then. Other than the Raven skin have you got one your using ? It would be nice if this is a front screen function or activated in some way be a key etc so I can use it with Girder, may be even a hardware interface to detect when its dark....

Terran
                My Project Site

Comment

I think it would be best if there was just hot spot somewhere on the screen to switch between skins.

For us touch screen users.
                  VIA Epia 9000
                  256Mb RAM
                  120GB Hdd
                  LCD TM-701L 7" with Touch
                  Slim CD-RW/DVD
                  D-Link DSB-R100 Radio
                  Garmin GPS III
                  Audio:
                  2x6.5" Focal 160 V2
                  2x12" MTX BG104 Sub
                  Audison Milennium 5 AMP

Comment

Or better still, how about time triggered? Between time A and time B use skin 1.

Comment

Skippman, thats pretty much how it is. you set what time you want the day and night time skins to change. like daytime is at 8am and night is at 9pm so from 8am-9pm its the day skin.. other its the night
                      '98 Explorer Sport
                      80% done

Comment

PS - Day Night on some kind of timer would be good.... Homeseer does that... ( x10 Software ) [/B]
                        I thought about that how ever what if like at the moment here 2100 its daylight but in the winter its night time.....

I think some thing like homeseers system where it knows ( some how ) the time night time falls is better but I bet its hard to do... ( No offence every one but getting that data would be hard any way ). Any one follow that ?

I would perfer a manual mode and a way to activate it ? ( Like play, rr, ff etc )

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

Maybe there could be a winamp style skin browser? Then different skins could be made to come on automatically at preset times, or they could be picked manually... Maybe I'm making things over complicated here.
                          My Setup

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
                            I thought about that how ever what if like at the moment here 2100 its daylight but in the winter its night time.....

I think some thing like homeseers system where it knows ( some how ) the time night time falls is better but I bet its hard to do... ( No offence every one but getting that data would be hard any way ). Any one follow that ?
                            I know that my Handspring Visor can calculate what time sunrise and sunset is. The times for sunrise and sunset can be calculated through equations (I have not seen them, but they MUST exist in order for my Handspring to do this work). The problems that arise when using this is that it does not account for exact positioning (once GPS is enabled for MediaEngine, it may be possible), cloud/atmospheric conditions.

The best way I can think of really quickly, would be to purchase a photosensor and adapt it to use one of the com/serial ports and tie it in some way. This way, the lighting could be variable. EX: Driving down a dark road, the screen would use the darker skin whereas if you are under the lights in a well lit parking lot it would switch to the lighter skin. The system could even be programmed so that the photosensor could be used at a user-specified amount of light. Allowing for "perfect" lighting every time. The ideas are almost endless with this (software screen dimming with lighting, etc).
                            2000 Ford Focus ZTS

Comment

Re: 2.0 review

Originally posted by hijinks21
                              - THE OSK is great. I couldn't remember which beatles CD had a song I wanted to listen to. So i did a search and it poped right up.
                              You don't have this kind of information memorized? Shame on you! What song was it!!
                              AYCHAMO! http://www.aychamo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X