Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playlist Searching in v2

CarComp,

Seeing as I just got my screen with touch, I am only now truely using Media Engine for the first time. I have a ton of music on my carputer. Like most, I have them seperated in folders by Artist which are the "playlists" in Media Engine. For me it would take forever to scroll through them all to get to say "ZZ Top". In v2 could you add an Alphabet across the top of the playlist screen so that, for example, you could press "R" and skip to the R's?

Use page up and page down... That should get you there quickly
    Get MediaEngine !!!
    Media Engine Download

Comment

he has a point though would this be practical in v2? i use touchscreen and with over 10,000 mp3's sorted by artist this still leaves 500+ artists maybe not the full alphabet but just 5 odd buttons spaced through the alphabet to get down this quickly?
      James
      www.digital-car.co.uk - The UK CarPC Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CarComp
        Use page up and page down... That should get you there quickly
        Nice idea, but not everyone has a full keyboard in their car. For example I only have a numeric keypad and touchscreen.

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
        CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

no i mean touchscreen buttons - i wouldnt mind sacrificing a few lines of browsing for some on screen buttons for alphabet sections...

Comment

I have inculded a pic to make this clearer...
            James

Comment

You see though, there lies the problem... If you do a touchscreen control, you have to do keyboard, and Remote... I don't know of a way of controling all that. You could say, "sure keyboard would be easy", but have you noticed that a lot of those letters do other things?
              Get MediaEngine !!!
              Media Engine Download

Comment

well just to do touchscreen wouldn't be a big deal - hell i'll code it myself - i know it woudlnt be of any use to remote/kb user though... it would be a godsend for touchscreen users...

Comment

Perhaps an optional plugin for touchscreen users then, it would be a shame to include something that people wo a touchscreen couldnt use it would force people into something...........that more of an M$ thing!!

But an optional plugin thats the way....

P.S I have all my mp3's in folders like so:

Artist>Albums>Songs>

Would ME respect my file structure? So i could just browse as i do with explorer now?

Comment

in progress of coding this feature myself, when m.e 2 is released i'll probably release a version.. I'm also working on winamp visulisation support ( media engine 2 only supports media player vis' atm.. )
                    James

Comment

That sounds cool.......winamp visu are really cool

Comment

yeah was thinking of a "screensaver" option where this vis comes up after 20 seconds say of inactivity while playing a song, and closes on remote/keyboard/touchscreen press...
                        James

Comment

mmm full screen visu that would be well worth the work........
                          I would be interested in having that......

Comment

Jamez I have this coded into my custom version of ME 1.x so if you want to see my code let me know. It works with touchscreen, KB, and remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez_Warner
                              in progress of coding this feature myself, when m.e 2 is released i'll probably release a version.. I'm also working on winamp visulisation support ( media engine 2 only supports media player vis' atm.. )
                              James

You just became my new best friend
                              any progress
                              [H]4 Life
                              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X