• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V.2?

Anyone know when version 2 will be out?
    400mhz touchscreen pc's only $150.00 for mp3car.com members-click here

I'm hoping its sometime this year.

Comment

i am really really really waiting on this, I have refrained from asking this question for a long time now because they are working real hard and you will just get flamed and what not, but i would like to know if it will be in weeks, months or what? If I knew this question it would be very helpful to my planning and construction of my carputer, so i can find some good replacement software (possiby cobra).

my 2 centZ
      92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

Its hard to say. Its like every time we think we are on the verge of being done, testing reveals a bug which turns out to be a major undertaking. This seems to be happening at least once a day, so it can't go on forever. We are trying hard to wrap it up though... We have plans for some stuff to do in version 2.1 so we need to get crackin.
        Get MediaEngine !!!
        Media Engine Download

Comment

do you honestly in your own opinion think youll be done within a month? this is all i want to know, if not I am going to buy Cobra for now. thanks
          92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

Comment

Originally posted by guitar333
            do you honestly in your own opinion think youll be done within a month? this is all i want to know, if not I am going to buy Cobra for now. thanks
            SHAME ON YOU FOR EVEN THINKING THAT!
            BossTone74

Comment

i know, I am getting tired of winamp and would like gps and video in one program........i will keep waiting if its not gonna be for a few more months, you know what i mean? dont get me wrong, I know they are working very hard and get asked this question ALOT

Comment

Originally posted by guitar333
                BITE YOUR TOUNGE!!!

just use V.17 till then...You can hold out, man!!!
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

so many..........bugs.......mmm......ok, i will wait a while longer and keep my mouth shut for another period of time and use Media Engine V1.buggy

Comment

so you have some time to test other program before V2 is out...

Try www.media-cruiser.com !

or look to the project list there is some interesting project as well.
                    Epia M9000, lili 7" vga&touch & 2xTM-7002S compo, camera with reversed image, 2.5" 60 GB, 256Mb DDR, Opus 90W, GPS usb... AND MEDIACRUISER of course!

Comment

ME1.7 sucks IMO. External App's always crashes my entire OS, not just ME/StreetFinder.. So I am using Winamp/Zoom Player/StreetFinder and its working out great.

I can't even get the source off the CVS so I can modify it. Why? Because this is not true opensource software, which blows.
                      1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
                        ME1.7 sucks IMO. External App's always crashes my entire OS, not just ME/StreetFinder.. So I am using Winamp/Zoom Player/StreetFinder and its working out great.

I can't even get the source off the CVS so I can modify it. Why? Because this is not true opensource software, which blows.

Who ever said you need to have a CVS for something to be opensource ?
                        And while the 2.0 version may be closed source, if you want to change the source for 1.77, the source is available for download at the media engine webssite.

Frodo
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean that CVS is required, but it is a norm thing for most OSS. Or at least the source avalible, which it's not. Yes, I know 1.77 is avalible, but that doesn't help much when I want to work on the latest, does it?
                          1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Sorry Sigma but closing the source to the current version is a decision that the MediaEngine dev team has made. We will always release the source for the previous major version though
                            Get MediaEngine !!!
                            Media Engine Download

Comment

Originally posted by CarComp
                              Sorry Sigma but closing the source to the current version is a decision that the MediaEngine dev team has made. We will always release the source for the previous major version though
                              So that means when you're workin on 2.1 you will release the 2.0 source? Or when you've released 2.1 you'll release the 2.0 source?

Plus quoted so you can't edit

Garry
                              Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X