Media Engine key press with Powermate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Engine key press with Powermate

anyone get a griffen technologies powermate to work well with keypress in Media Engine?

I have my powermate to track forward and backwards as well as pause, and alt+tab.

Program the powermate in its driver program to use a set of keys that arent used in any program you might be running externaly.
    Then map the keys you programed to the functions you want them to use in ME.

There is a bug in the current version of the powermate drivers, that will cause problems if you try to use the down and rotate functions. If you use them, when you release the knob, it will preform a click function. (I hope thats clear)

The guys at griffin have told me that they hope to have new drivers out to fix these problems by the end of the year.
    A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

well yeah.
      done that tried that
      i think i need to reinstall the powermate software and drivers
      i donno
      i cant get anything to work and its frustraiting

Comment

BoraXP are you having problems getting the powermate to work at all? If so, i had the exact same problem. The drivers dont install correctly under XP, you have to install them manually. By default i think it installs the device as a Human Interface Device but it should be listed under USB controlers (in Device manager) as Griffin PowerMate. Do a search for powermate, there is a thread here with a link to another site that explains it better.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

nah i got it installed fine for months
          works well with other programs , but like crap otherwise
          i think tomorrow im gonna do an overhual on my setup
          maybe it'll help

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
          BoraXP are you having problems getting the powermate to work at all? If so, i had the exact same problem. The drivers dont install correctly under XP, you have to install them manually. By default i think it installs the device as a Human Interface Device but it should be listed under USB controlers (in Device manager) as Griffin PowerMate. Do a search for powermate, there is a thread here with a link to another site that explains it better.

Comment

Working...
          X