• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display different fonts in ME

Hello everyone, I'm starting my own carputer and
    ME would be a great software, but I have a
    problem.

I would like to display Japanese fonts as song and movie
    title. Right now, all I see is messed up letters.
    Is there a way to assign a font?

Any help will be great. Thanks.

I think you may want to have a look at making your own skin.... I know you can assign fonts there ?

Might also be worth you having a quick search on the forum in the mean time... may be one of the programmers may be help you with this.

Terran
    My Project Site

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by ccsnet
      I think you may want to have a look at making your own skin.... I know you can assign fonts there ?

Might also be worth you having a quick search on the forum in the mean time... may be one of the programmers may be help you with this.

Terran
      Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Comment

I was having the exact same problem. As far as the skins go, what's on the website only changes the first screen so it's not much help. I'm assuming that you'll probably have to take a look at the source to be able to change the fonts in the actual lists.

Comment

I found that myHTPC would display Japanese fonts
          anywhere file names are displayed.
          I guess that works, but I like ME better.

I have no programming skills so there is no way
          for me to do any of the actual code...

Can any of the programming gurus help us? Please?

Comment

I use myHTPC on my HTPC but I find the interface to be much slower than ME's, plus no mp3 playlists (I don't listen to mp3s at home so not a big deal there) so I do have it installed on my car computer but never use it.

Comment

Originally posted by kami333
              I use myHTPC on my HTPC but I find the interface to be much slower than ME's, plus no mp3 playlists (I don't listen to mp3s at home so not a big deal there) so I do have it installed on my car computer but never use it.
              All you have to do is edit your SKINNAME.skn file in the \skins dir... Look for the font names. You should be able to just change them to the name of the font you want to use.
              Get MediaEngine !!!
              Media Engine Download

Comment

Thanks, it worked perfectly. It crashes if I just select a whole album to play, the name still doesn't show up right but as long as I make a new playlist it works fine.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by CarComp
                  All you have to do is edit your SKINNAME.skn file in the \skins dir... Look for the font names. You should be able to just change them to the name of the font you want to use.
                  I didn't even see your message. I will try that. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X