Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Res

Reddeath,

Love your app! I've used Centrafuse, RR, and I have to say so far I like MI the best. Problem is that I'm having issues with it on my monitor (I played with it on my home pc for awhile which is how I decided I wanted it in my car).

The problem is (I believe) that my car monitor doesn't support 800x600 res. I have a Xenarc 700TSV 7" widescreen. When I force fullscreen in MI, I get a screwed up fill on the screen and the mouse doesn't click where my finger touches (more like an inch away)

Can I manually tell MI what resolution I want it in?

(also, the flash logo I'm using is not centered when I open MI... it's offset to the lower right. But I'm thinking this is because of my res problems. I don't have this issue on my home pc).

Thanks!
    My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
    Reddeath,

Love your app! I've used Centrafuse, RR, and I have to say so far I like MI the best. Problem is that I'm having issues with it on my monitor (I played with it on my home pc for awhile which is how I decided I wanted it in my car).

The problem is (I believe) that my car monitor doesn't support 800x600 res. I have a Xenarc 700TSV 7" widescreen. When I force fullscreen in MI, I get a screwed up fill on the screen and the mouse doesn't click where my finger touches (more like an inch away)

Can I manually tell MI what resolution I want it in?

(also, the flash logo I'm using is not centered when I open MI... it's offset to the lower right. But I'm thinking this is because of my res problems. I don't have this issue on my home pc).

Thanks!
    Your screens native resolution is 800x480, however you monitor supports 640x480 - 1600x1200. What you are describing sounds like you have your DPI turned up to 120DPI or custom. Set it back to the default of Normal Size (96dpi) - display properties then settings then advanced and on the general tab youll find it.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I meant that my video card doesn't support 800x600, not my monitor. I can still force almost any resolution I want with Powerstrip, but not without using up hefty resources.

You're right, I do have DPI turned up. I'll give that a shot. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I meant that my video card doesn't support 800x600, not my monitor. I can still force almost any resolution I want with Powerstrip, but not without using up hefty resources.

You're right, I do have DPI turned up. I'll give that a shot. Thanks again.
        The last time I heard of a video card not being able to support 800x600 was like 10 years ago on a 486 sx 25. Heh heh... You can do higher res but probably with lower color depth.
        Mobile Impact

Comment

I think what he's talking about is when the Xenarc's get messed up and you have to do auto-adjust; the native resolution for Xenarc's are 800x600 I think. I've used them a lot and I know that they are a pain in the *** because they constantly need to be readjusted.
          08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Once again I mispoke. The native resolution of the Xenarc is 800x480. THAT is the one that my video card does not support. 800x600 is fine. Changing my DPI back to normal did in fact fix the issues I was having with the MI interface, unfortunately I can't read anything on my desktop now!

I'll keep playing with Powerstrip and seeing what I can come up with.

Comment

Once again I mispoke. The native resolution of the Xenarc is 800x480. THAT is the one that my video card does not support. 800x600 is fine. Changing my DPI back to normal did in fact fix the issues I was having with the MI interface, unfortunately I can't read anything on my desktop now!

I'll keep playing with Powerstrip and seeing what I can come up with.
              Increasing your refresh rate can help with any fuziness that you have. I have a compaq 17" lcd at home and if the refresh is set below 75hz, then it gets really fuzzy.
              Mobile Impact

Comment

Working...
              X