I can't set MI as shell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't set MI as shell

In settings, when I click on "set mobile impact as shell" it gives me an error

Run-time error '424' Object Required...

what could be the problem here?

okay, i just noticed this was posted in the main thread a few times, but i guess i'll make it its own dedicated thread...

same symptoms, fresh XP install, fresh install, wmp9

Comment

well i did windows repair, installed vb library, reinstalled all the java/flash/shockwave, nothing

the only solution to this was to manually change the shell in the registry

Comment

Ive had to do that as well. I cant seem to get it to set through MI. Any ideas?
        ~Fin~
        My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Comment

Originally posted by senseless228 View Post
          okay, i just noticed this was posted in the main thread a few times, but i guess i'll make it its own dedicated thread...

same symptoms, fresh XP install, fresh install, wmp9
          First off, i dont think this error has anything to do with wmp9 but i can tell you that the visualizations dont work quite right without wmp10. I know that this is a stupid question, but do you have administrative rights on these systems? I know that usually it sets you as administrator by default, but lets check to be sure. Also which windows xp version is this? Home, Pro, Tablet, Media edition? Let me know thanks. Honestly though, its a cool feature, but it totally kills all windows functionality. I would recommend only to hide windows desktop components, which will remove all traces of icons, the start bar, everything so this may actually be what you want. In case there is an error where it crashes, at least the program gives you back your desktop, where if you set to shell, you get nothing but a blank screen.
          Mobile Impact
          Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
          http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Working...
          X