silly idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly idea

Is it possible to embed a PROGRAM as the logo?

what i'm looking to do is replace the .gif logo with something that is updated frequently - or a program - so i can have an animated compass (based on my GPS heading) in place of the logo.

There's a neat "compass" program out there, and i can launch it as an external app - but it would be interesting to have the main screen up with this compass, music playing, and be able to go to other applications form that point. I realize that the logo is the "shutdown/hibernate/etc." trigger....

Originally posted by EMT2B View Post
    Is it possible to embed a PROGRAM as the logo?

what i'm looking to do is replace the .gif logo with something that is updated frequently - or a program - so i can have an animated compass (based on my GPS heading) in place of the logo.

There's a neat "compass" program out there, and i can launch it as an external app - but it would be interesting to have the main screen up with this compass, music playing, and be able to go to other applications form that point. I realize that the logo is the "shutdown/hibernate/etc." trigger....
    Actually the logo is a flash movie, so if you can somehow get the compass thing to work in flash then you could make it work. i have toyed around with having a compass as an option for the logo in the past, but there hasnt been much demand for it and iGuidanace has a built in compass. Im assuming this compass program communicates with the gps receiver somehow?
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Working...
    X