Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

resuming music playback on hibernate/resume?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resuming music playback on hibernate/resume?

if i use the software itself to hibernate then it continues playback when the PC comes back on however if i hibernate using the ignition it doesn't play when it resumes

any ideas?
    My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Originally posted by GreenBeast
    if i use the software itself to hibernate then it continues playback when the PC comes back on however if i hibernate using the ignition it doesn't play when it resumes

any ideas?
    I dont know why it would do this. The program should resume play using both the Hibernate and Stand By. Have you tried to hit the Hibernate button in the program and does it do the same thing as turning your ignition off? Does your shut down controller actually hibernate the computer or does it shut it down?
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

the opus hibernates the pc
      when i use the front end to hibernate it comes back up and plays fine but if i hibernate using my car key then it doesn't.

strange huh?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBeast
        the opus hibernates the pc
        when i use the front end to hibernate it comes back up and plays fine but if i hibernate using my car key then it doesn't.

strange huh?
        Extremely strange. Might be the difference between a hardware based Hibernate and a Software based. Does the Opus come with software so you can change the settings?
        Mobile Impact
        Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
        http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

no it doesn't.
          basically a switched 12v signal goes from the car (ignition) to the opus and that tells the PC to boot up (resume) and when you take key out of ignition it is like pushing the power button, and i've got windows to hibernate the PC when the power button is pressed

i guess you've never encountered this before then.

i think i may post in the power section too

just noticed something else too...when i mute and then unmute the button doesn't change back to the normal mute button

Comment

This problem is normal with most of the frontends that i've tried, the only one i've had work correctly is Centrafuse, but all the others do the same thing, standby they start playing just fine, but hibernation you have to touch the screen before they start playing again.
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

ok cheers. i'll just hibernate using frontend which isn't too much trouble, then when i get in i won't have to do anything

Comment

Working...
              X