How do I change music dirs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change music dirs?

Hi, I have my music stored on the D:\ partition, and I can't figure out how to change the directory to play this. THanks..

Originally posted by KingsDude
    Hi, I have my music stored on the D:\ partition, and I can't figure out how to change the directory to play this. THanks..
    Unfortunately, there is now way to change the directory. Because of all the different configurations, I modelled the program to run and store data from the C: drive, and all DVD's and CD's run from the D: drive. This allowed me to cut down considerably on the code. On my car pc I just made a media directory, then I made an Mp3, Video, and Images directories beneath it. I then dump all of my media accordingly. I could even break it down into genre, and album title. I used to keep the D: drive as a separate partition myself so that if you had to reimage/reload your computer, you wouldnt risk your data. These days most households have some sort of network sharing an internet connection and multiple computers, so its fairly easy to copy your data to another computer if you have to reload.
    I have tried to make it so that you can switch from one drive to another, but my code translates a directory listbox and dumps it into a ListView box so that I can control the file icons and is good graphically. This is pretty tricky, and I have been unsuccessfull at making it run smoothly with multiple drive letters. I will probably take another crack at it before I release version 2. I have a ton of things that I am adding to the program in the new version, and I am making it run at 800x600, so I will be pretty busy. Look for the next releases and thanks for trying out Mobile Impact.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Hmm.. OK.. I was going to say, I really like this frontend alot, but as you said, I do keep my music on another partition, so in case I do have to reload, I will. Will it still work in 640 x 480? I'm using that resolution because its bigger and easier to touch. Thanks for your help, and I ca'nt wait for the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsDude
        Hmm.. OK.. I was going to say, I really like this frontend alot, but as you said, I do keep my music on another partition, so in case I do have to reload, I will. Will it still work in 640 x 480? I'm using that resolution because its bigger and easier to touch. Thanks for your help, and I ca'nt wait for the new version.
        I am taking the 640x480 resolution skins and just essentially increasing their size, then resizing the controls on the program screens and increasing fonts etc. to accomodate, so you wont even notice a difference. Im also putting together a new skin that is going to be extremely nice!
        Mobile Impact
        Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
        http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Working...
        X