This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Impact Version 3 is now available

Mobile Impact Version 3 is now complete and available for download.
    The new version has the following features:

Note-> XM Radio and Split Screen is now available!!!
    Display Resolution -> 800x600
    Audio Player -> Plays mp3, wma, asf, wav, au, aif, aiff and all other Windows Media Player Formats.
    Video Player -> Plays avi, mpg, mpeg, wmv, mpa, mpe and all other Windows Media Player Formats.
    XM Satellite Radio - > Fully integrated XM Satellite radio, choose 3 modes to view module.
    Phone Control -> Integrated PhoneControl.net software to control your compatible cell phone.
    Organizer -> Download Microsoft Outlook; Calendar, Contacts, and Emails.
    Game Emulator -> Runs All the Nintendo and Sega games.
    Split Screen -> DVD, Audio/Video, and XM Radio modules can run in split screen(2 video cards required)
    Keyboard Commands -> Program uses the number key pad to control audio and menu functions.
    DVD Player -> Plays DVD movies directly from disk.
    Image Viewer -> Create slideshows of your favorite digital pictures.
    Web Browser -> Internet web browser, based on Internet Explorer.
    EQ -> Adjust Bass, Treble, Main, Wav, and CD volumes (Sound Card must support Bass, and Treble)
    Playlist Creator -> Create, Modify, Delete, and Manipulate Playlists; Windows Media Player Compatible.
    GPS -> Natively Embeds iGuidance or Freedrive and can Integrate with any External GPS/Navigation software.
    External Applications -> Integrates with all external applications.
    Skinnable -> Fully skinned interface capable of custom skins being selected.

Download Here

Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Looks great! I am downloading it now and will be testing it in my truck over lunch.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

Looks and works great. A few little things I noticed, which you probably already know about...no scrolling for long song titles, and the sliders are all allowed to go out of range. Keep up the good work, this is becoming a very good frontend.
      1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

New Themes

The themes I was working on for version 1 were nothing to brag about since they were using digital art I had piliaged from sites all over the net. Nothing original Im sorry to say. Im going to use the same buttons that you used, from Paint Shop Pro but Im going to create it in several layers so that I can easily change the backgrounds and use them as templates. When Im done Ill post them for everyone to use that is familiar with PSP. Im starting on my new theme for 2.0 today. Looks like I wont get much work done today!!!!!!!! Sometimes working from home makes it hard to stay on track!!!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by dodgetimes2
          Looks and works great. A few little things I noticed, which you probably already know about...no scrolling for long song titles, and the sliders are all allowed to go out of range. Keep up the good work, this is becoming a very good frontend.
          The vertical scrollbars have turned out to be most difficult as I am using a 2nd picture and painting it onto the 1st picture using only several lines of code, and so far I have been able to get it to snap back to show the whole slider when it reaches its maximum, but if there is a large list of items, it can actually slide out of view slightly. I changed the way the progress bar works while playing media, but it still blinks a tiny bit. It functions very well, but I will have to work on this a bit more. Thanks for the input.
          Mobile Impact

Comment

Originally posted by jbyers
            The themes I was working on for version 1 were nothing to brag about since they were using digital art I had piliaged from sites all over the net. Nothing original Im sorry to say. Im going to use the same buttons that you used, from Paint Shop Pro but Im going to create it in several layers so that I can easily change the backgrounds and use them as templates. When Im done Ill post them for everyone to use that is familiar with PSP. Im starting on my new theme for 2.0 today. Looks like I wont get much work done today!!!!!!!! Sometimes working from home makes it hard to stay on track!!!

Jason
            I definitely want to see your skin and post it on the website. Let me know if I can help at all.
            Mobile Impact

Comment

A Question??

Why did you decide to place an exit button on almost every screen? Why not just leave the main exit menu from the hot spot in the center of the intro screen? Are people really in that big of a hurry to get out of your program? Just curious since I keep hitting the exit buttons to get out of things like the audio or DVD. Also a feature that is not really included on other players that I have seen is if we could create a blank image that fit the theme and maybe was missing the labels. Then in the config.ini we could set up ORAGANIZER_USE=0 to turn it off if you were not going to use that feature. Then the program could use that image instead and the button would be ultimately disabled. I have a tendency to hit the wrong button while driving down the road or my passengers hit the button and ask why I dont use it. Ill try and get those themes done within the next few weeks.

Jason

Addition: I see you got rid of the hover images. Good call!!!! I was using the pressed images anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jbyers
                Why did you decide to place an exit button on almost every screen? Why not just leave the main exit menu from the hot spot in the center of the intro screen? Are people really in that big of a hurry to get out of your program? Just curious since I keep hitting the exit buttons to get out of things like the audio or DVD. Also a feature that is not really included on other players that I have seen is if we could create a blank image that fit the theme and maybe was missing the labels. Then in the config.ini we could set up ORAGANIZER_USE=0 to turn it off if you were not going to use that feature. Then the program could use that image instead and the button would be ultimately disabled. I have a tendency to hit the wrong button while driving down the road or my passengers hit the button and ask why I dont use it. Ill try and get those themes done within the next few weeks.

Jason

Addition: I see you got rid of the hover images. Good call!!!! I was using the pressed images anyway.
                I figured it would easier for users to hit the exit button to close/stand by/or shutdown the program directly rather than having to return back to the main menu, then hit the logo to access the exit menu. I thought it would save a step or 2. I make alot of stops and I use the stand by alot when im running errands so its more convenient for me. Cant wait to see your skin. Thank you for the input.
                Mobile Impact

Comment

It's still there, am I the only one getting this? LOL

1024x768 refresh 75Hz NVidia FX5900 video card XP SP2.
                  Attached Files
                  2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                  2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                  Sound Stage
                  Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by -zip-
                    It's still there, am I the only one getting this? LOL

1024x768 refresh 75Hz NVidia FX5900 video card XP SP2.
                    Yep your the only one that has ever reported anything like this. It is definitely resizing the form of the program somehow to 1024 x 768 when it is hard coded to run at 800 x 600. This isnt even possible! heh heh.

Here is a possible fix.
                    Do this: in config.ini change fullscreen setting to 0:

[DISPLAY]
                    FULLSCREEN=0

Then run the program and see if this fixes the problem.
                    Mobile Impact

Comment

okay, dumb *** question time...

what do i need to do in order for the audio selection to automaticly goto/recognize the folder my music is in, instead of it coming up with all my HD letters and me manually having to get to my music file?
                      thanks

Comment

Absolutely AWESOME!! I downloaded the file and installed it on my desktop pc. I am very impressed. Needless to say I will be changing my front end to Mobile Impact. There were a few glitches I noticed, (ie. the error message during the install, and some flickering on the sliders and progress bar) but nothing major. I can't wait to see the XM module. I need a fix to my radio problem and Mobile Impact may be it.

Also is there any way to get a skin like the black one You had on the web site?

Comment

Man, I'm impressed. I like how clean and easy to use everything looks. Can I offer this for download on Mobile-Effects.com? I'm going to write a review featuring it as well
                          www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by reddeath30
                            I figured it would easier for users to hit the exit button to close/stand by/or shutdown the program directly rather than having to return back to the main menu, then hit the logo to access the exit menu. I thought it would save a step or 2. I make alot of stops and I use the stand by alot when im running errands so its more convenient for me. Cant wait to see your skin. Thank you for the input.

thats a great idea cos i use software to hibernate so it saves me a step everytime i get out of the car
                            My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Comment

Originally posted by Tim97rs
                              okay, dumb *** question time...

what do i need to do in order for the audio selection to automaticly goto/recognize the folder my music is in, instead of it coming up with all my HD letters and me manually having to get to my music file?
                              thanks
                              If you place your music in one place on your computer, then when you go out and play a song for the first time, Mobile Impact will remember where it was and it saves that location. Once this is done, you have to clear all the entries in Config.ini to be able to go back and select a different drive, so keep all your music in the same place.

Originally posted by Gixxer
                              Absolutely AWESOME!! I downloaded the file and installed it on my desktop pc. I am very impressed. Needless to say I will be changing my front end to Mobile Impact. There were a few glitches I noticed, (ie. the error message during the install, and some flickering on the sliders and progress bar) but nothing major. I can't wait to see the XM module. I need a fix to my radio problem and Mobile Impact may be it.

Also is there any way to get a skin like the black one You had on the web site?
                              Thanks for the compliments. I thought I fixed the error messages in the installation package, what file is it giving an error on?
                              I will be looking for a different technique for the sliders and progress bars. They work correctly, but as you said, they flicker and the vertical sliders can be slid out of range, which is ok as they also function properly, but it could be better, so I will probably be working on those a bit.

I am toying around with creating a black brushed metal skin similar to the current skin, but in the black glass/black brushed metal theme. Its quite a job to do some 38 pictures, so it might take a while. Why dont you try making a skin?

Originally posted by SnyperBob
                              Man, I'm impressed. I like how clean and easy to use everything looks. Can I offer this for download on Mobile-Effects.com? I'm going to write a review featuring it as well
                              Man this is great! Im glad everyone likes this program so much. That would be great to have my program offered for download on your site! Give this forum web address for support and questions, as I check it several times a day. Thanks.
                              Mobile Impact

Comment

Working...
                              X