Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dvd off hard drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dvd off hard drive

    first off let me just say that mi is the easiest front end i have found. and i will post my car in your "post your rides" thread when i am done with my car pc install. now to one of my questions:

    can you play a dvd burnt on a hard drive through mi. i have not figured this out yet. thanks
    sam

  • #2
    How did you rip the dvd? Is it in the original vob format or have you ripped it to avi (divx or xvid?). If you haven't ripped it to an avi then I suggest that you do for size and playback abilities.

    As XP stands you need a dvd decoder (hardware or software), WMP doesn't have one installed by default (MS want you to pay for it).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by selmerguy
      first off let me just say that mi is the easiest front end i have found. and i will post my car in your "post your rides" thread when i am done with my car pc install. now to one of my questions:

      can you play a dvd burnt on a hard drive through mi. i have not figured this out yet. thanks
      sam
      The program will play avi, mpg, mpeg and all of the other formats if you have ripped your DVD movies to your hard drive this way. If not Let me recommend an excellent program that I use and that works extremely well running the files in MI. The program is called Pocket DVD Studio. This program uses mpeg 4 compression and you can rip an entire DVD movie at high quality to a file no bigger than 700 megs. This is a much better solution to just ripping the VOB files directly to the hard drive.
      Cant wait to see your car when your done.
      Mobile Impact
      Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
      http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by reddeath30
        The program will play avi, mpg, mpeg and all of the other formats if you have ripped your DVD movies to your hard drive this way. If not Let me recommend an excellent program that I use and that works extremely well running the files in MI. The program is called Pocket DVD Studio. This program uses mpeg 4 compression and you can rip an entire DVD movie at high quality to a file no bigger than 700 megs. This is a much better solution to just ripping the VOB files directly to the hard drive.
        Cant wait to see your car when your done.
        i used dvd decryptor to rip the dvd. i will check out pocket dvd studio. thanks red.

        Comment


        • #5
          Pocket DVD free trial version

          Originally posted by selmerguy
          i used dvd decryptor to rip the dvd. i will check out pocket dvd studio. thanks red.
          You can get the free trial version here:
          http://www.pqdvd.com/

          I have used it to make files to play on the Pocket PC. The trial version is limited to 5-9 minute clips. Licensed version $39.95
          ~Jimmy

          Comment

          Working...
          X